(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Church security

did you ever get any help with this ?

(Allegheny County)

Lightbulb Re: Church security

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    did you ever get any help with this ?
    Some...

Grant does security for a big megachurch over in OH, and STILL owes me a procedural manual. I've actually got an officer in the prison system on the hook, to help teach us some command presence, retention & blocking techniques, and situational awareness. I'm still open to other help, though.

(Northampton County)

I did my Act 235 class in Emmaus in January with a guy who was going to do church security. I really didn't get a chance to talk to him about it, now that I am looking for work I wish that I did. I have never seen a classified ad for church security.

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: Church security

Hey brother, I know I'm new to the forum but I was wondering if I could give you a bit of assistance.. I will be relocating in April and I would be happy to help you implement a program and put together a security SOP for what your looking for. PM me and we can discuss it, I'm not looking for any payment just want to make new friends in the PGH area and network... Hope I can help.

Paul
    P.M. Protective Enterprises LLC.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Some...

Grant does security for a big megachurch over in OH, and STILL owes me a procedural manual. I've actually got an officer in the prison system on the hook, to help teach us some command presence, retention & blocking techniques, and situational awareness. I'm still open to other help, though.
    Hello everyone, I'm kind of a newbie here-been doing alot of reading less posting but our church is being confronted with this same issue. Any chance you would want to share that procedural manual or offer any advice of what you've learned so far (PM me if you get an opportunity).

I would like to get something in place and systematically organized at our church, we're not that large, but getting there... so I want to also ensure that we don't react like the Keystone Cops if something does occur.

Any advice or pointers on whom to contact or where to look would be helpful as well. Good to be on board here.
    Last edited by GTP; March 3rd, 2011 at 09:13 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Update on the church security program going on at our place. I found this place online, so far the program package is very comprehensive. I don't know if anyone else is looking for a good starting point but this seems like a good spot.

http://churchsecuritymember.com/
    2 Corinthians 5:7

(Berks County)

I refered a co-worker to an organized "church security" program which was put on free of charge some time ago. Even though he is a retired police officer, he attended and found it to be of value. I do not recall the organization that put it on but you may be able to google it. You may also try contacting PAASP http://www.paasp.com/ they may know more.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Awicki View Post
    I refered a co-worker to an organized "church security" program which was put on free of charge some time ago. Even though he is a retired police officer, he attended and found it to be of value. I do not recall the organization that put it on but you may be able to google it. You may also try contacting PAASP http://www.paasp.com/ they may know more.
    Thanks for the info Awicki.
    2 Corinthians 5:7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12