Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Is Nace Sports in New Oxford still open?

I've heard good things about them, so I stopped by about 6 months ago during their hours. They were closed and the place looked deserted, the live bait and vending machines out front all had out of order signs on them, and there was trash and and scraps of plywood and 2x4's laying around the parking lot. I'm pretty sure I saw an ad for them a few months ago in the merchandiser, are they still open, and if so do they have a decent selection of handguns and ammo?

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Is Nace Sports in New Oxford still open?

I drove by that shop the other day, neon sign was lit and cars were in parking lot. I didnt stop in tho.

So, I think it is open

I haven't ever been able to catch them open....

(York County)

Guess I'll give them a call before I go to make sure they're open. I couldn't really see anything inside because there where several cameras pointed at the parking lot and the windows where covered in signs saying "I can see you", "you're on camera", etc., struck me as being slightly paranoid.

(Franklin County)

I would be curious to know what they have there. I go by there every once in a while. Post what you find. If you are in that area, Emmitsburg Maryland isnt too too far away, you could hit State Line Gun Exchange up while you are in that area. They have a decent handgun selection, decent ammo selection, and enought long guns to have something to look at.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAfarmboy View Post
    I would be curious to know what they have there. I go by there every once in a while. Post what you find. If you are in that area, Emmitsburg Maryland isnt too too far away, you could hit State Line Gun Exchange up while you are in that area. They have a decent handgun selection, decent ammo selection, and enought long guns to have something to look at.
    I've heard of them, but unless I'm mistaken if I bought a handgun in Maryland I'd have to have it sent to a dealer in PA and pay for shipping and the transfer.
    I need to have some work done on my Jeep, but hopefully I'll stop by Nace sometime in the next week or so and see what they have.

(Franklin County)

The MD thing is true, but they have at least two dealers who transfer for them all the time. THey can get one of them to do the transfer for you pretty quickly (same day for me).

While I agree it isnt the most convienent way to buy a gun, they have some older guns sometimes, and if you are looking for something very specific, and they have it, well you can make it happen.

Reddings is over there too of course, but I am not a fan, good place to "kick tires" but I cant afford their prices

(Adams County)

Nace is still open go there all the time. Just was there this morning to pick up some 223 rounds. They are fairly priced not a huge selection of guns more fishing supplies. You can sometimes find cheap used guns. Got an old 38 special in there for 30 bucks. I know he is closed sundays and mondays.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Doeboy_99 View Post
    Nace is still open go there all the time. Just was there this morning to pick up some 223 rounds. They are fairly priced not a huge selection of guns more fishing supplies. You can sometimes find cheap used guns. Got an old 38 special in there for 30 bucks. I know he is closed sundays and mondays.
    Been pretty busy lately, haven't gotten a chance to stop by during the day yet, did they have any used Sigs when you were there?

Quote Originally Posted by FCastle88 View Post
    Been pretty busy lately, haven't gotten a chance to stop by during the day yet, did they have any used Sigs when you were there?
    You may want to try Powderhorn, for a Sig......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast