Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default Gun Ranges/Shoothouses

Does anybody know where there is a good range and shoothouse relatively close to Coal Township? My girlfriend and I are looking for a place to join and go shooting on a regular basis. Any help would be appreciated.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Gun Ranges/Shoothouses

I'm not real familiar with the ranges over there in Northum. but this thread may help...

http://forum.pafoa.org/ranges-18/461...-gun-club.html
    III%

(Northumberland County)

Keystone Fish and Game.
    It's out in Irish Valley.

Outdoor rifle range (currently to ~300yds I think).
    Outdoor pistol range (out to ~50yds).
    Indoor range is open only during select times.

They also have weekly organized events. Trap every Friday once things warm up. Monthly CMP, cowboy action, bowling pins, practical pistol and sniper shoots. It's all on the website.

There is also the Zerbe club in Treverton, but I've never been there to comment on that one.

(Northumberland County)

I have heard of the keystone gun club and I am thinking of buying a membership. Anyone on here a member or ever visited the range?

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by jjgrappler View Post
    I have heard of the keystone gun club and I am thinking of buying a membership. Anyone on here a member or ever visited the range?
    Read through the link I posted above ^... there's a few posters in there that appear to be members and/or frequent it.
    III%

(Northumberland County)

Not a member, but shot there often for their weekend shoots. CMP, Sniper, bowling pin and practical pistol - I shoot them all.
    What do you want to know?
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Northumberland County)

Are they friendly there for the shoots and stuff? I basically want to be able to learn how to shoot and take care of my firearms without being treated like an idiot. I

(Northumberland County)

Are they friendly there for the shoots and stuff? I basically want to be able to learn how to shoot and take care of my firearms without being treated like an idiot. I
    VERY friendly. The "old guys" (as I call them) love helping out new guys... they were very informative when I started reloading as to equipment, methods, where to buy, etc. etc.
    Shoot me a PM with your name and number... we can talk later if you'd like and maybe hook up to do some shooting.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Schuylkill County)

I might join you guys this summer. Depends on how things go for me.

Mike, do you just pay the joining/yearly fee? OR do you have to know someone there and all that?
    III%

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    I might join you guys this summer. Depends on how things go for me.

Mike, do you just pay the joining/yearly fee? OR do you have to know someone there and all that?
    You have to pay the fee - from what I remember you need a "sponsor," but when I filled out my form a few years ago, just stopping by, the guy who gave me the form put his name down. They are very easy going guys and gals.

If you guys are interested in shooting the weekend matches I mentioned - practical pistol (this weekend is a practical carbine course if you are interested), CMP matches, .22 silohoutte, sniper, cowboy action, bowling pin, etc. you DONT need to be a member - it will cost you the same fee for each shoot regardless of membership. That's why I didnt re-up after my first year (and the only reason.) I shoot their weekend matches, but I have a 50 yard range in my backyard.
    I have my rifle. Do you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast