Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default PAFOA Volunteers Your help needed for April 27 HBG Rally.

Some people have asked what good is PAFOA?

The response usually is PAFOA is whatever you want to make out of your involvement.

Its going to work the same way with the 5th annul 2010 Second Amendment Second to None rally and interactive legislative lobbying event.

Read details here about Rally, visit the sign up web site
    http://forum.pafoa.org/political-138...ing-event.html

We REALLY can use your help to make this event that positive results can benefit all gun owners in PA with tangible dividends.
    In this short post lists the basic things IF you are interested in learning more Read the next long post with the details IF NOT STOP READING HERE.

Volunteers
    WE need LOTS of volunteers (that are not team leader) to help on logistics that is required on the day of event.

Volunteer task Items on the day of the event:
    1. Meet and greeters at entrance for people that never been to capital before.

2. Directing people that did not sign up prior to proper locations.

3. People that can use laptops to register people that did not sign up prior.

4. Passing out second amendment badges.

5. Security – against bad taste signs, etc.

6. A couple of volunteer photographers to better document the event.

7. Several people to shuttle people between fair grounds and capital complex (both ways)

8. Several People to hand out literature about rally, goals purpose etc. one double side sheet.

9. Several People to pass out 2nd amendment badges to everyone that attends the rally

10. People to just answer questions before rally as to what going to happen what is expected, why, and most of ALL herd some stray cats over to their assigned team leader after speakers are done to expedite getting them out of the rotunda ASAP.
    11. help the security officers check firearms by acting as a go between with people waiting in line and make sure there is no problems here. Also is a good first contact point for briefing about the event and objectives and say thanks for coming etc.

12. People to cover anything else not covered above.

ALL of these are VERY important task to have people willing to do them to make the many gun owners coming that never been to the state capitial building just feel comfortable being there. All you really have is the abilty to show up early and want to do your part to support this Rally effort.

Volunteer task Items prior to the event:
    Working on position papers, checking, spelling, grammar, and sentence structure of someone else work as a counter check. Doing assigned research projects and tasks, working behind the scenes in the silent service doing what ever is required. All of this and more along with a long list of other projects that are classified till the event.

Team leaders
    This is an acquired skill and training / practice to become proficient at this, some are naturals, other it takes work to be good at this talent. Of playing moderator to both newbees and various levels of experience at just sitting down and talking / interacting with Reps and trying to get people in your group to interact with the reps so by the end of the day they feel more confident to attempt this by themselves. What we are trying to teach is leadership skills, along with direct action and how make individual attendees to be more political active.

There is no one right way to accomplish this task as a TL, only lots of ways to get a negative outcome or make an irate a Rep and miss the opportunity to educate them. It’s a balancing act of keeping the groups message on target or dragging the subject off to another topic beside firearm rights and not letting someone act like an idiot making everyone look bad. We are judges by the worst of us not the best in group.

Every team leader has their own style and some are more effective than others, if we had 25 in the same class of team leaders as Kim Stolfer (& Others are) that are educated & articulate / activist we be good to go. Since we don’t, we have been attempting to do team leadership training at every event pairing people up with Kim to learn from one of the best we have on our side to teach the basics.

This is still not enough to get where we need to be at, with having high quality team leaders that can make or break these legislative lobbying efforts.

203 house reps and 50 senators total 253 - currently there are two Reps that left to become a judges and there is no need to visit the prime sponsor of the event so that leaves about 250 reps to visit

WE need at least 20 team leaders for house 5 TL for senate – total 25 MIN (keep team leader to about 10 Reps each) plus at least 5 or more people as stand by team leaders (or team leaders in training) just in case someone can’t make it on short notice which always happens. The more team leaders we have the greater the chance of getting to Reps in their office before they go into session.

(We need all of people interested on PAFOA in becoming a TL to provide their contact information and geographical location to attempt to do a team leader training program so its where in PA convenient to the most people interested) Kim Stolfer and most of the team leaders we now have are from western PA and /or are FOAC members.

If you can or just want to help out on April 27 ONLY

Please post “I want to Volunteer”

I will contact you before event and /or post when and when you are need to help

If you can write or proof read or work on position papers

Please post “willing to work on rally preparations”

IF you are interested in being a team leader or want to be assistant team leader to be in training for team leader.

Please post “interested in being a team leader”

I will follow up with a PM looking for all of your personal contact information.

We are right now looking for a central location or area to hold a team leader training day before rally so we know where everyone lives that is willing to become a team leader and if you can’t make it, we will make sure to put you in the team leader train program on April 27 if you want.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PAFOA Volunteers Your help needed for April 27 HBG Rally.

IF you want to become a team leader or attend the team leader training program PLEASE let us know.

CURRENTLY trying to see who is interested in doing this so we can schedule a day for this that is central located to everyone that is interested.

ITS YOUR RALLY, THE SUCESS OR FAILURE REST ON ALL OF OUR EFFORTS TO SUPPORT THE CAUSE
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; March 8th, 2010 at 11:58 AM.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

I could help with taking photos...

I can help out.

I think, I have a good idea for the entrance.
    Last edited by fingers80002; March 5th, 2010 at 07:05 PM.

(Northampton County)

I would love to have the pleasure of helping out with the rally.
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

(Allegheny County)

i think you know how to get ahold of me: Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader thank you.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Count me in, I'll bring a wi-fi laptof and help register. Can be there early, if needed.

Arthritis keeps me from walking too much, but I'd also like to be at the TL instructional. I've PM'd you with my phone #.

Flash

Chambersburg
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Luzerne County)

I can try to help out with whatever needs done, either before or during the rally. If my schedule can accommodate it, I will do it.
    loose≠lose; you're=you are; 'your' shows possession.

(Montgomery County)

WhiteFeather, I'm in, but check you PMs for detailed info.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(York County)

I can bring my Wi-Fi capable laptop and help with registration, etc., or bring my photo gear and take pics, just let me know. If there is no preference specified I will probably just bring the camera and take pics.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast