Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Awsome deal on S&W M&P 40c

Yesterday, I took my Browning Hi-power to Chuck Lutz to see about a problem I'm having with it. His shop is located in the Pocono Pistol Club. When I got there he was out and I was told he would be back soon. I decided to look around and I noticed a couple of used M&P's in the case. They were range guns which I normally wouldn't even look at, but the 40c looked brand new. There weren't any signs of wear on the gun, not even on the barrel. It was priced at $399.99. I've been looking around and locally they are going for $550.00.

I got very excited and then remembered that there was something standing between me and my new carry pistol, my wife! So since I was just standing around waiting, I thought what the hell and I dialed her up. I told her that I found the exact gun I was looking for at a great deal and that they would hold it for me if I put half down. She gave me the, "go ahead, whatever, buy it." Well, that was good enough for me. They put the gun in the safe for me and I began longing for the day when I could pick it up. I bought my wife some flowers and her favorite snacks and drinks and formulated my plan to convince her we had enough money for me to pick it up today(payday).

My wife got home and I worked up the courage to tell her I wanted to go pick it up right away, when she said,"why didn't you just pay for it and bring it home!" So with my wifes' approval I picked it up this morning. I then made a B-line for the range. I ran 100rnds of Federal classic 180 grain JHP's and 25 175 grain SWC's through it. The recoil wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, I was about the same as my full size .40. I did have 3 failure to feeds with the Federal and 1 with my reloads. I'm hoping it was just a few hiccups which will work its way out.

I then cleaned my new treasure with gun shield, which I just received a few days ago in the mail. It seemed to clean fowling about as good as Breakfree CLP.

I had a great experience purchasing this firearm at Pocono Pistol Club. They don't have a huge selection but the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. I may try out the range since I received 1 hour free with my purchase, but I think I prefer the freedom of Blue Ridge Cherry Valley.

(York County)

Default Re: Awsome deal on S&W M&P 40c

I have heard about some people having a few FTF's in the first range session or so. That should go away after you shoot it a little more. Congrat's on your purchase
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka

Hokkmike Guest

Good luck with your piece. I like the way you and your wife work together. Happy shooting and long marriage to you!

(Franklin County)

Sounds like some pictures are in order..

I'd like to see the gun also.

(Jefferson County)

1. Pics or it didn't happen, obviously.
    2. If it's not just pistol break in (not sure how the M&P pistols break in), it could be that you are limp wristing now and then. Happens to the best of us!

Have fun with your new gun!

(Berks County)

glad to hear you like the new M&P! i love mine, the recoil is very manageable and it's extremely comfortable to shoot and carry.

i'm happy to say that my M&P40C ate all 150 rounds i put through it (within the first hour of owning it haha) without a single hiccup. i shot 100 plain WWB rounds and 50 Hornady TAPs. the Hornadys are what I'm carrying everyday now since i know i didn't have any FTF or FTE in 50 straight, but i'm going to check out some gold dots after hearing some great things. might as well try em all!

fwiw, i know that for a lot of you 50 rounds isn't nearly enough to 'prove' an EDC round, but since i don't have a ton of cash to burn through high-end rounds, 50/50 is good enough for now until i can get to the range and spend some more cash. however, even 49/50 would have made me put another 50 through it regardless of cost.

(Bucks County)

I gotta get your wife and my wife together for coffee and a chat,no really it sounds like you have a loving wife. Congrats on your purchase.

(Berks County)

Talking Re: Awsome deal on S&W M&P 40c

Enjoy the new piece- love my 40c. It has eaten virtually all types and brands of ammo without a hiccup- WWB, PMC Remington, Federal, w/o FTE or issues. Carry Winchester Ranger SXT. Have fun!

(Monroe County)

For that price I would have scooped it up too. I just shelled out full price for my 9c but have been very pleased with it. It shoots well and has about 600 rounds down it. The trigger has smoothed out and recoil is easily managable. The only down side is finding spare mags at a reasonable price. Also the mags are a bit hard to load on the first and last round but I can deal with that. The gun is a joy to shoot.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Berks County)

Smile Re: Awsome deal on S&W M&P 40c

Wives are a hard bargin to sell on 'unneeded purchases". I find the best technique is to call, and when they say "no" just pause, then they will say fine but I get....... It works every time for me. Try it, it may work for you. Nice pistol It's on my list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast