Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default M1A the Canadian Way!

Ok, so it's not actually an M1A, it's a Norinco clone. I picked this one up new a few months ago and have been slowly upgrading it. Anyways, here are the pics.

Oh, and I know the aimpoint is sitting way to high on it. I'm looking for a low mount to put it in, but they're so f***ing hard to find here in Canada.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't.

(Berks County)

Default Re: M1A the Canadian Way!

congrats! Nice rifle!

(Northumberland County)

Nice rifle! I like the custom stock work. Did you get that through Marstar? I saw they have them for $400 and couldn't help but wish I was Canadian. I might have to find a way to smuggle a few of them into the states for that price!
    Last edited by Rural Ruger; March 5th, 2010 at 09:04 PM.

(Northampton County)

Whoah, Daddy like!

Get that optic off there...

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    Nice rifle! I like the custom stock work. Did you get that through Marstar? I saw they have them for $400 and couldn't help but wish I was Canadian. I might have to find a way to smuggle a few of them into the states for that price!
    Yup, got it through Marstar. It is a great deal; however, there are some QC issues, mainly soft sights and bolts, and about 1/3 of the barrels are not indexed properly, but the receivers, oprods and barrels are well made. With about $100-200 in parts and labor, you get a fine rifle.

Oh, and if you're gonna start smuggling these into the U.S., bring me up an AK. (Joking ... but seriously, I want an AK... stupid commie gun laws )
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ar180shooter View Post
    Yup, got it through Marstar. It is a great deal; however, there are some QC issues, mainly soft sights and bolts, and about 1/3 of the barrels are not indexed properly, but the receivers, oprods and barrels are well made. With about $100-200 in parts and labor, you get a fine rifle.

Oh, and if you're gonna start smuggling these into the U.S., bring me up an AK. (Joking ... but seriously, I want an AK... stupid commie gun laws )
    M1A clone isn't an awful substitute for an AK-47 IMO. I'm not familiar with Canadian gun laws except that I've heard they're Draconian. It sucks when you can't buy something that you have no intention to misuse.

Quote Originally Posted by levib View Post
    M1A clone isn't an awful substitute for an AK-47 IMO. I'm not familiar with Canadian gun laws except that I've heard they're Draconian. It sucks when you can't buy something that you have no intention to misuse.
    Yah, they're very draconian. You can only use pistols and SBR's at ranges, many guns are totally prohibited (AK47, FAL, etc, basically anything used in an 80's action movie). We also have universal licensing and registration. Also, a 5 round limit on rifle magazines and 10 round limit on pistols. Full autos and converted autos (that is a full auto converted into a semi auto) are also prohibited, along with silencers and pepper spray. BAH!!!

/rant

sorry....

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ar180shooter View Post
    many guns are totally prohibited (AK47, FAL, etc, basically anything used in an 80's action movie).
    Sorry, but that made me LOL. That literally does seem to be the main determination for "law makers" drafting a ban list. California and New York state laws basically regulate against guns that look scary, without saying it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by levib View Post
    Sorry, but that made me LOL. That literally does seem to be the main determination for "law makers" drafting a ban list. California and New York state laws basically regulate against guns that look scary, without saying it like that.
    If it's black and scary it's gotta be banned! (I think the legislators are gun racists )

And don't worry about LOLing, it was supposed to be funny, and as you mentioned, it does appear to be somewhat true...

(Allegheny County)

wow the optic look kinda cool.
    Dont Forget To Give Me Some Good Rep! Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast