Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default some tacktical practical pointers

I want to share a few tips and observations on carrying a weapon and general awareness.

The other day I was driving threw the evil state of NJ. It was poring rain the whole way as I was passing one one of the many tool booths : I noticed A leo wearing A poncho with hole cut out for the holster witch was sticking out . this kind of got me thinking ;when you are all bunduld up for the winter how fast can you get your weapon out?

Another thing pertaining to winter how many of us wear hoods?
    Ever notice people suddenly appearing right next to you this happens to you because when you are wearing a hood you eliminate most of your peripheral vision and some of your hearing both of which are rather important to one who wants to know whats going on around him .A much better approach would be to wear a watch cap which will keep your ears warm without obscuring your vision.

One final pointer if you carry automatic and don't keep a round in the tube you may want to consider doing so when you are in a vehicle as you will probably only have one hand with which to deploy it with if need be.

be safe
    say your prayers and keep your powder dry
    we pray for peace but victory would also be ok

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: some tacktical practical pointers

Quote Originally Posted by neshek770 View Post
    ... how fast can you get your weapon out? ......
    The answer to the first question is, 'Pretty darn fast when it's your secondary; and it's coming from an outside pocket!' The answer to the second question is, 'Solve the hood/peripheral vision problem by wearing a cap with a bill underneath that hood.' (Maintains your anonymity, too.)

Finally, if you really think you aren't going to have two hands free to draw and fire a C-3 pistol while driving, well then, you either need to practice more or else attend a Mossad self-defense driving course. Done right, it'll all happen so fast your eye won't be able to take the whole thing in.

(Hint: Momentarily, brace the steering wheel with your knee; and, even if you're left-handed, don't carry your pistol on the left-hand side while operating a motor vehicle - THAT will slow you down. If you need more help, PM me.)

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by G21.45 View Post
    The answer to the first question is, 'Pretty darn fast when it's your secondary; and it's coming from an outside pocket!' The answer to the second question is, 'Solve the hood/peripheral vision problem by wearing a cap with a bill underneath that hood.' (Maintains your anonymity, too.)

Finally, if you really think you aren't going to have two hands free to draw and fire a C-3 pistol while driving, well then, you either need to practice more or else attend a Mossad self-defense driving course. Done right, it'll all happen so fast your eye won't be able to take the whole thing in.

(Hint: Momentarily, brace the steering wheel with your knee; and, even if you're left-handed, don't carry your pistol on the left-hand side while operating a motor vehicle - THAT will slow you down. If you need more help, PM me.)

Ahh! Another typical example of why I so rarely post on this forum. (It's the Pennsylvania landfill drinking water; isn't it.)

(York County)

I shall keeps these tips in mind the next time I am attempting a drive-by whilst wearing a hooded raincoat.