Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Please excuse my ignorance, but...1of the 3% Please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi90 View Post
    Where did that link get 3 million from? The current US population is just over 300 million. So 3% would be 9 million.

300 million don't own guns. Approximately 100 million do. Ergo, 3% is 3 mil.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Adams County)

I had wondered the same question. I thought it was that 3% of us carry. Nice to learn something new.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(Erie County)

Thanks for asking, and having answered, that question. I always though it had something to do with OC.
    It would seem the percentages are about the same today. Somewhere around 30% fighting for the tyrannists, aka obamites, about the same % actively fighting against, and the rest just going with the flow.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Lackawanna County)

3 million people prepared to take the country back = 3 million people on the watch list lol

anyone have this --> SSSS on there airplane ticket?

Ive heard thats the "evil black list!" Ive never flown so couldnt say
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Lancaster County)

Can someone please give a valid/semi-valid source for these statistics? I only ask because I think I remember reading that the 3% thing is heavily misunderstood and misquoted. I can't for the life of me find anything on the internet to confirm or deny this. I think I know where I read this, however the book is at my apartment and I wont be back there to check until after my spring break which is a week from now.

If I remember correctly these statistics actually refer to colonial support for either the french revolution or for the English revolution. Support for our revolution was much higher.

Again, I'm basing this off of my probably poor memory. Correct me if you know better and have a source.
    If I knew the world would come to pieces tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by YllwFvr View Post
    3 million people prepared to take the country back = 3 million people on the watch list lol

anyone have this --> SSSS on there airplane ticket?
    Ive heard thats the "evil black list!" Ive never flown so couldnt say
    everytime i flew after 9/11 i would have the dreaded SSSS on my tickets and get pulled off to the side for the "Special Screening" the one time i came from the shooting range and had powder residue all over my clothes and really got F&*@ err i mean frisked by the TSA.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    everytime i flew after 9/11 i would have the dreaded SSSS on my tickets and get pulled off to the side for the "Special Screening" the one time i came from the shooting range and had powder residue all over my clothes and really got F&*@ err i mean frisked by the TSA.
    Its nice to be "Special"

(Chester County)

I always get special frisked at airports, even before being a firearm owner. I once got pulled aside right before walking down the ramp to the plane for a search in Bozeman, MT. A guard grabbed me by the shoulder and said he had to search my bag. This was way after clearing the TSA security. He said it was because I looked militaristic.
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Allegheny County)

my photo on my passport has me looking like a Muslim, but i'm Catholic
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Default and then there's the 2%

The "Two Percent Speech": on December 14, 1930 Albert Einstein made his famous statement in New York that if two percent of those called for military service were to refuse to fight and were to urge peaceful means of settling international conflicts, then governments would become powerless since they could not imprison that many people. Of course we all detest unpatriotic pacifists, but one must admit this would have been an interesting alternative to what actually happened between 1938 and 1945.

A "two percenter" refers to a joke expected to be understood and appreciated by only 2% of an audience.

To have some relevancy to the "Concealed and Open Carry" subforum: of course I do!
    Last edited by Anubis; March 6th, 2010 at 06:58 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast