Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Please excuse my ignorance, but...1of the 3% Please enlighten me.

From the website of "The Sipsey Street Irregulars", here is...

The Doctrine of the Three Percent.
    The Three Percent are the folks the Founders counted on to save the Republic when everyone else abandoned it.

And we will.

There will be no more free Wacos and no more free Katrinas.

For we are the Three Percent.

We will not disarm.

You cannot convince us.

You cannot intimidate us.

You can try to kill us, if you think you can.

But remember, we’ll shoot back .

We are not going away.

We are not backing up another inch.

And there are THREE MILLION OF US.

Your move, Mr. Wannabe Tyrant.

Your move.

The web site...

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(York County)

Ah, just saw this too. A bit more of a 'definition'...

What is a "Three Percenter"?
    During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Three Percenters today do not claim that we represent 3% of the American people, although we might. That theory has not yet been tested. We DO claim that we represent at least 3% of American gun owners, which is still a healthy number somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 million people. History, for good or ill, is made by determined minorities. We are one such minority. So too are the current enemies of the Founders' Republic. What remains, then, is the test of will and skill to determine who shall shape the future of our nation.

The Three Percent today are gun owners who will not disarm, will not compromise and will no longer back up at the passage of the next gun control act. Three Percenters say quite explicitly that we will not obey any futher circumscription of our traditional liberties and will defend ourselves if attacked. We intend to maintain our God-given natural rights to liberty and property, and that means most especially the right to keep and bear arms. Thus, we are committed to the restoration of the Founders' Republic, and are willing to fight, die and, if forced by any would-be oppressor, to kill in the defense of ourselves and the Constitution that we all took an oath to uphold against enemies foreign and domestic.

We are the people that the collectivists who now control the government should leave alone if they wish to continue unfettered oxygen consumption. We are the Three Percent. Attempt to further oppress us at your peril. To put it bluntly, leave us the hell alone. Or, if you feel froggy, go ahead AND WATCH WHAT HAPPENS.
    ...from the same site.

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

It is interesting to note that in some battles there were more English soldiers fighting FOR the Colonies than for England and more colonists fighting FOR "The Crown" than for "our side".

3%er???....I'll be there waiting for you to show up...I'll have the coffee on.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    3% is the # of Colonist's who supported the Revolution.

Not the # who participated
    There were actually more colonialists fighting with the British than against them.... they just sucked more
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    There were actually more colonialists fighting with the British than against them.... they just sucked more
    notes to self:
    1. be one of the 3%
    2. don't suck

(Adams County)

I didn't know any of this, thanks!

(Lackawanna County)

Where did that link get 3 million from? The current US population is just over 300 million. So 3% would be 9 million.

(Lehigh County)

If we say it's the zombies coming instead of the gummint, we might be able to bump that number up to 8%.

/leastwise, here in PA

(Dauphin County)

So this has no similarity to the 1% bikers.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    3% is the # of Colonist's who supported the Revolution.

Not the # who participated
    Exactly.....

Quote Originally Posted by cgbudde View Post
    And Jim would know, he was there.

Hell yeah he was... He fired the first shots, when they told him only A-Holes Open Carry......

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast