Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Where do I spend my money?

Maybe this doesn't belong here...but it will be "helped" to the right place if I am wrong.

I am fairly new to shooting and new to the Carlisle [Cumberland County] area. I've gone through a lot of ammo (for me) this week and need a better place to find it. I'm about to order my 1000rd packs online, but need local supplies to.

Where can I go? I"m not driving 30 minutes for ammo. Harrisburg is out and I'd like to stay away from chains...there is a wally world not too far away, but I just can't believe that it isn't the "walmart line" of ammo...like everything you buy is just one grade lower then other places (you know appliances that look the same but have plastic gears and Lowe's models have metal).

I'm not the guy to start calling every "gun guy" in the yellow pages and no shops appear online. I've found some part-time shops; but I'm not doing a 1 hr tour of the country to visit all of these guys (between 5-8pm only to find 1 box of ammo)

Any help?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Where do I spend my money?

if your not willing to drive a mere 30 minutes and you don't want to shop at places like walmart you've just limited your options severly. i've never heard anything bad about walmart ammo and plenty of guys buy it because it's cheaper than purchasing it elsewhere. by your criteria i would really look at buying everything on-line.

(Berks County)

Yep...

Ammo is too scarce right now to be really picky about how you get ahold of it.

Either you buy what you can find (anywhere) or you are the one left without a seat (ammo) when the music stops.

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Have you tried Mechanicsburg ordnance. I haven't been there in a while, but he is a super nice guy, and if he didn't have what I wanted, he was always able to get it.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Cumberland County)

you don't want to shop at places like walmart you've just limited your options severly. i've never heard anything bad about walmart ammo and plenty of guys buy it
    ok, I just found the Walmart Ammo thread with 167 pages...I guess people do love it...and if it's the same Remington/Winchester etc that is Made in the US, then I will be checking it out sooner then later. I don't want to see a Winchester Made in China box...proving it is a different line of ammo. And enough of our money is going there already.

Either you buy what you can find (anywhere) or you are the one left without a seat (ammo) when the music stops.
    and with the thread about people's ammo stores...I have stiff competition for ammo I was shocked to see what you guys store. My thoughts of having a few spare boxes so that I could shoot when I wanted were a little naive

Have you tried Mechanicsburg ordnance.
    I will now. I've heard of this guy...probably on here.

Thanks Guys!