Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Adams County)

Default Intratech CAT9 - 380

Ok, so i have an Intratech CAT-9 .380. I have had this gun for a long time and am not sure to sell it or keep it. it's been a great little personal carry weapon. I bought it with little knowledge of guns back then to be honest and it's been difficult to find any info on it. So i'm looking for opinions. is it worth selling, can i get anything for it or shoudl i just keep it? If i keep it i want to buy two magazines for it. anyone know where?

thanks for any advice.

J

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Intratech CAT9 - 380

They do not have a great reputation, thus they are no longer in business. I know a buddy who owns a Cat9 9mm, and on more than one occasion it took several pulls of the trigger to strike the primer correctly. I would probably just keep it, and purchase a new firearm all together. You won't be finding many buyers for that firearm. In my opinion these are not a good carry weapon. BTW as far as I know Intratec did not make a Cat9 .380. Are you sure you don't have a 9mm?

Brad
    Last edited by Dextrimental; March 4th, 2010 at 09:20 PM.

(Adams County)

That is what i have thought and seen in my research. Like I said, i bought it many years ago when i didnt really know anything about guns. It's definitely a .380 though. I have since learned a little. I've bee in the security field in the financial sector for about 6 years now and now am required to carry for the job. I currently have a Springfireld Armory XD .40SW but i find it a bit large for concelled carry. So i'm looking for something else and i'd like to keep the price in the $400-$500 range but want a reliable weapon. What are your thoughts on the Taurus Millinium Pro?

thanks!!!!!

(Pike County)

Your Cat may have a little collectors value, I don't believe that many where made in .380. I've seen 9's, but never saw or heard of a .380.
    For a small CC, I tend to use one of my Kel-tec p3at's. Both have been 100% with the load I carry, PowRBall. I carry one for a BUG most of the time.
    If you want to be sure of a reliable gun, how about a wheelgun? S&W 442/642? Lite, small, +p rated. Not in production anymore, but there are also plenty of Colt Detective Specials, Cobras, and Agents out there, for the sixth shot. These should be in you price range.
    You will find many opinions on Taurus on this forum, good and bad. For me, I have 4 Taurus autos, and all work fine. Many times I carry my PT745c, or my PT111 (both also with PowRBall).
    Last edited by gf45acp; March 7th, 2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: sp

(Adams County)

thanks for the input! i guess i'll clean the Intratech up and make some calls and see if i can get anything for it. anything is better than nothing. I looked at several revolvers and i'm just partial to the ease and higher capacity of the semi-autos. The Kel-tecs are nice but i really want to stay with the .40sw and it's only a 6 shot so i think I have it narrowed down to the Taurus Millinium Pro pt140, but the S&W Sigma SW40VE is the same price and offers a larger capacity. Obviously its a larger gun. i guess i need to go hold both and see how easy the Sigma is to concel. Any thoughts on the Ruger p94? I've read some very good reviews.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by jeepjamie View Post
    That is what i have thought and seen in my research. Like I said, i bought it many years ago when i didnt really know anything about guns. It's definitely a .380 though. I have since learned a little. I've bee in the security field in the financial sector for about 6 years now and now am required to carry for the job. I currently have a Springfireld Armory XD .40SW but i find it a bit large for concelled carry. So i'm looking for something else and i'd like to keep the price in the $400-$500 range but want a reliable weapon. What are your thoughts on the Taurus Millinium Pro?

thanks!!!!!
    if you carry for work, why do you need to conceal? is it uniform work, or do you wear a suit? i'm not trying to bust your balls or anything, i'm honestly curious. if you wear a suit to do security details, then a Sigma would conceal fine under a jacket. if you work in a uniform, then i'm confused why you'd need to conceal.

i used to carry a Sigma. i could conceal it, but i had to adjust my wardrobe around it: baggy sweaters, t-shirts, untucked Hawaiian shirts, etc.

Kahr makes guns in .40SW, but they're just a hair over $500. people love them, and they're definitely made to be concealed. i've never shot one, but i've held them. they're small, but you can still get a good grip on them.

(Washington County)

Look like this?

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315.../1500/1508.htm

You can get the value here - https://store.bluebookinc.com/Instan...duct=5&id=6298

(Although one price I saw was $80) - good luck.

(Lackawanna County)

that actually looks kind of neat, for a polymer. it reminds me of something else, that i can't remember right now.

(Adams County)

Hey no offense taken jahwarrior72! I appreciate all the feedback. I was in security, mostly fraud investigation for a larger bank and for the last few years I have been with a smaller bank. Well here I have multiple roles. I am the Security Officer, the sole security person for the bank, but I also do some outside sales for the bank. So needeless to say I wear a suit everyday and I really dont want to freak out my clients. I hope this makes sense. Basically with our size, we cant justify the Security piece as a full time only job. We have implemented some very strong controls and the fraud piece is very little. My boss's main concern now though is the rapid increase in violent bank robberies. When I arrived we installed a state of the art security and surveillance system and remodled our branches with much better security through access control points and taller physical barriers to reduce the risk of counter jumpers. But I have had a few instances of physical confrontations recently and some very violent robberies have hit close to home. I know I'm getting long winded and the short answer is yes I wear a suit and need it to be discreet. Also for the fact that in a robbery situation the last thing I want to do is have to pull a weapon and endanger the lives of my staff. I feel having the weapon in plain view will only escalate a perpetrators likelyhood to get violent. The carry piece is a last resort in only the most dire of circumstances.

I didnt get a chance to check out the links but i will! i truly appreciate all the feedback. This is a great forum!