Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Monthly "tactical shoot" 3 gun match

FINALLY the snow is melting and it's time to start shooting!

The first monthly tactical match of the year is scheduled for Saturday March 20, 2010. It's 10 bucks to enter and there will be 4 challenging yet fun stages of fire.

We'll be doing something different this year - allowing you to choose which guns you want to run, and having separate divisions accordingly. You can choose to shoot:

1. Handgun only
    2. Handgun and rifle
    3. Handgun and shotgun
    4. Handgun, rifle, and shotgun (3 gun)

Keep in mind, if you choose to shoot handgun only that will mean having to engage targets out to 50 yards with your handgun. I'd recommend shooting 3 gun if you have the guns, because well, it's fun!!!

Handguns: No optics, ports, or compensators. 9mm and larger only.

Rifles: Magazine fed, semi automatic. ARs are most common, but anything that fits the description is good to go. Optics, etc are perfectly fine.

Shotguns: No optics. Pretty much anything else goes. Semi auto, pump, whatever you have.

Registration should be up and running at 8:00AM until 9:30AM. Safety meeting at 9:45AM, shooting starts at 10:00AM. Setup and tear down help is always appreciated.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Monthly "tactical shoot" 3 gun match

I don't have a shotgun yet, but this sounds like fun Do you have a web site for the club so I can look up directions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gura 3/2/2010
    "Justice Sotomayor, States may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional".

Quote Originally Posted by egent View Post
    I don't have a shotgun yet, but this sounds like fun Do you have a web site for the club so I can look up directions?
    I would like to come and spectate and maybe shoot as time goes on , Is that possible ?
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by egent View Post
    Here you go. Do you know the area (Lebanon County) at all?

http://www.heidelbergsportsmensassoc...Directions.htm

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda240 View Post
    I would like to come and spectate and maybe shoot as time goes on , Is that possible ?
    If you mean spectate for the whole match and then shoot the next match, of course, that's perfectly ok!

But im all seriousness, I would strongly encourage you to just go ahead and participate!!! We are VERY open to new shooters and the courses of fire while challenging are NOT laid out in such a way to scare away new shooters. I'm telling ya man, if you come watch after a few minutes you're going to be kicking yourself for not signing up and shooting!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    If you mean spectate for the whole match and then shoot the next match, of course, that's perfectly ok!

But im all seriousness, I would strongly encourage you to just go ahead and participate!!! We are VERY open to new shooters and the courses of fire while challenging are NOT laid out in such a way to scare away new shooters. I'm telling ya man, if you come watch after a few minutes you're going to be kicking yourself for not signing up and shooting!

+1 on what Dave says. We had people "just come and watch" and kick themselves in the butt. It's all about just having fun and your only competition is yourself.

(Perry County)

Any idea of round count? I suppose 100 pistol, 25 bird-shot and 50 rifle rounds would suffice?? Any slugs needed?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rundownfid View Post
    Any idea of round count? I suppose 100 pistol, 25 bird-shot and 50 rifle rounds would suffice?? Any slugs needed?
    I would bring 100 each rifle and pistol and a box of 25 shotshells to be on the safe side, just in case you need to do a reshoot or something. No slugs, yet.

(Montgomery County)

Hmmm, this sounds like fun. About how long will things run? (It's easier for me to try to make it if I can give a (reasonable) time I might return.)
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. -- Jeff Cooper

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead View Post
    Hmmm, this sounds like fun. About how long will things run? (It's easier for me to try to make it if I can give a (reasonable) time I might return.)
    Depends on the number of shooters. We're usually done shooting by 2:00. Tear down help is appreciated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast