Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Hammonds in Red Lion is excellent!

Clarence Hammond is amazing. Great work, very friendly, very reasonable. He specializes in building benchrest rifles but does just about any rifle work you need. I needed some scope base screws to be drilled out of a Remington 700P because the prior owner used some serious lock-tite to put them in. Freedom Armory wanted $82 to drill out three screws (yikes). Mr. Hammond did it for less than $40, and gave me a priceless 15 minute education in scope mounting. I bought some copper solvents (that work great!) and was on my way.
    9mm = 45acp set on "stun"

(Pike County)

Default Re: Hammonds in Red Lion is excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by 45Badger View Post
    Clarence Hammond is amazing. Great work, very friendly, very reasonable. He specializes in building benchrest rifles but does just about any rifle work you need. I needed some scope base screws to be drilled out of a Remington 700P because the prior owner used some serious lock-tite to put them in. Freedom Armory wanted $82 to drill out three screws (yikes). Mr. Hammond did it for less than $40, and gave me a priceless 15 minute education in scope mounting. I bought some copper solvents (that work great!) and was on my way.
    Over the years I have had Clarence Hammomd build four rifles for me. Workmanship was second to none, price was well within reason, sharing/ giving of his knowledge priceless. He is about 3 1/2 to 4 hour ride, which for his level of expertise is no problem.

Forty5120

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Hammonds in Red Lion is excellent!

Hi...

Although this is a post that was put up a couple of years ago, I'd like to add that I've known Clarence for many, many years, and he is truly one of the very, very best gunsmiths and people I've ever known...as long as you don't engage him in a political discussion. All in all, he is truly a gifted craftsman, and also, a truly fine and generous guy.

Big Dick