Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Babies

(Bucks County)

Default My Babies

Hi all, here's a photo of my three babies,

Top is the Browning 22. caliber Buckmark Camper. The is the 1st handgun I've purchased in over 35 years. I picked the BM to get back into shooting. It's inexpensive to shoot, extremely accurate & super reliable. I've shot thousands of rounds through this gun with no problems whatsoever.

Center is the Ruger Security Six .357 magnum revolver. This is my HD backup to the shotgun & my carry piece. Simplistic & deadly. Built like a tank, super reliable & very accurate with either .38's or .357's. I feel this is one of the best revolvers ever made.

Bottom is my newest addition, A Stoeger Couger 8000 9MM semiauto. If the badguys get past the 12ga & the Ruger (LOL) they'll will have to deal with the firepower of 15 rounds per mag. This gun has only been to the range once so far (less than two weeks old) but I've fallen in love with it already. I feel this is one of the best values out there. About 300 rounds have been fired through it without any problems & considering that it still needs to break in a bit, it's smooth, accurate & a joy to shoot. I also like the fact that it's little on the heavy side. (by today's standards) The recoil is very manageable & it hits what I point at.

There's my three babies, I love them all & would not change any of them.

One question;
    If you were me what would be the next handgun I should consider to compliment the above three? As you can see I'm a bit of an "old school" guy. Not that I need another but we all know how addicting they are
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by triplebike; March 3rd, 2010 at 11:40 AM.

Default Re: My Babies

Welcome back friend

Forgot to mention . . . . everyone needs a 1911 style gun .... just because
    Last edited by tdyoung58; March 4th, 2010 at 08:48 AM.
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

1911 is one of the top ones in my list, Glock would be top as well but you do not strike me as a Glock guy so yea, a 1911 .45 would be right up your alley as far as im concerned. I can pick a few more but this is what stands out to me as your next handgun, that or a good Ruger gp-100/S&W wheel gun.
    Reputation is what I strive for.

(Berks County)

Um, I'm willing to adopt!? Hehe, Nice "kids". I agree, a nice 1911, or if your looking for something a little lighter... anything but a Glock!

(Westmoreland County)

I agree that a 1911 would round out your collection... although, you really should try a Glockness Monster.

(Luzerne County)

I agree with the 1911 sentiment. I might also suggest a .44mag.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Bucks County)

I had a sneaky suspicion that the consensus would be a 1911, (LOL) & I admit I tend to agree. The GP-100 was also mentioned & I agree with that suggestion as well, but, I'm probably leaning towards the 1911 since the Security Six is the father of the GP-100. This addiction doesn't really end does it?

Hokkmike Guest

In my opinion (VERY subjective) the Cougar is also the best looking of your three guns. I can see where you enjoy them and compliment you on your choices.

I considered a Cougar when I made my last purchase and I was put off by the location of mfg. Was it Kosavo or something like that - no, maybe Turkey. But if I hear more good reports like yours I might have to reconsider!

Thanks for the pics!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    In my opinion (VERY subjective) the Cougar is also the best looking of your three guns. I can see where you enjoy them and compliment you on your choices.

I considered a Cougar when I made my last purchase and I was put off by the location of mfg. Was it Kosavo or something like that - no, maybe Turkey. But if I hear more good reports like yours I might have to reconsider!

Thanks for the pics!
    I understand where you are coming from. My budget for the 9 was no higher than $400-425 & I wanted new (not used). I looked at Ruger, S&W, Taurus & others as well as Stoeger. I just kept going back to the Couger, it's weight, the way it fit me, it's looks, the price & the fact that I must have read a thousand reviews from Couger owners & they were so overwhelmingly positive that I had to give it serious consideration. In fact the biggest complaint I read about the Couger was its weight, which turned out to be a big plus for me. Where I shoot is owned & staffed by Ruger, S&W, Glock, Sig etc owners & they all complimented the quality of this firearm.

(Montgomery County)

Very nice! I've had my Cougar for roughly the same amount of time as you and love it. I've also found that holsters and accessories aren't hard to find as long as you also search for Beretta Cougar or 8000.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast