Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Understanding the 'Guy With the Gun' As Starbucks Gun Controversy Boils, Open Carry..

deleted post by "poster"
    Last edited by TheF00L; April 11th, 2010 at 02:17 AM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Understanding the 'Guy With the Gun' As Starbucks Gun Controversy Boils, Open Car

video/audio worked for me. It was a good report.I think it definitely helped the open carry movement. Everyone who was interviewed represented firearm owners who carry exactly how they are, RESPONSIBLE .
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

Default Re: Understanding the 'Guy With the Gun' As Starbucks Gun Controversy Boils, Open Car

good video, but two years old?
    FJB

(Centre County)

Post deleted by poster, as I am, doing to almost all my posts.
    Last edited by TheF00L; April 13th, 2010 at 06:06 AM.

(Monroe County)

i don't know. the article seems a bit supportive of the BradyBunch, but it points out the reason we carry (to protect ourselves, and our family), which many articles conviniently leave out.

the video, however, definitely seems to support the image that we are responsible citizens (which will surely piss off the BB), and i like it.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Lackawanna County)

Good article. FYI, the video is from 2008.

(Lackawanna County)

That's funny.

I read the comments and thought, wow, lots of pro gun comments here.

Then I went back later to reread and it looks like the comments section is gone...

(Northampton County)

Levine's 12-year-old daughter Brooke has been trained to use her own gun, a .22LR Caliber pistol. When the pair are together and someone asks her father why he's packing, Levine says Brooke has a ready answer: In a takeoff of a Mastercard commercial, Brooke points to the gun and says "$1,000" and then points to herself and says "priceless" -- a suggestion that the pretty penny Levine had to spend to buy the gun was worth it to protect his invaluable daughter.
    Reminds me of the Little Lizzy article by John Connor in Guns Magazine.

http://www.americanhandgunner.com/CGC705.html

A lot of non gun folks don't seem to realize why gun folks choose to carry a gun, other than the MSM view of their being paranoid. They don't seem to comprehend that carrying a gun isn't a selfish act. It's actually quite selfless.

Carrying a gun daily for defense of yourself also extends to the defense of others. How many stories have you guys read about a gun owner coming to the rescue of someone else?

Jean Assam in Colorado comes to mind. Had she not been carrying at church that day, the body count would have been much higher.

It's a very, very rare event for an unarmed person to stop an attacker armed with a firearm. This was one of those rare times and I must say the guy who tackled the gunman had some serious cajones and a lot of luck and timing on his side.

While the article does seem to have some "love" for the Brady Bunch, it doesn't put gun owners in a bad light. Considering it's from ABC this should be considered a total 180 in their reporting.

More articles like this and gun owners like ourselves taking the time to educate the uneducated masses, and we can have a serious effect on this country.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warpt762x39 View Post
    It's a very, very rare event for an unarmed person to stop an attacker armed with a firearm. This was one of those rare times and I must say the guy who tackled the gunman had some serious cajones and a lot of luck and timing on his side.
    Did anyone else notice that someone, maybe the guy in the white hat, abandoned a baby in a stroller?

I remember when that happened it made me wonder why we pay the Secret Service. One of the attempts on Gerry Ford's life was broken up by a disabled vet. Sometime around the time of the guy with the rifle at the white house, a guy climbed over the White House fence and in their efforts to catch him, one White House cop shot another.

(Butler County)

Any one else notice @ 32 sec. into the video an unattended baby in a stroller roll past and bump into a wall?

What were the parents thinking?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast