Vicky and I went out looking in Freedom PA. To try and see what is happening there. (It was Labor Day celebrations) So we park the truck and walk down some very steep streets (felt like a goat up there) and onto the main street that is blocked off. We see about 30 or 40 vendors, every thing from cheap jewelry to t-shirts.
The main event is supposedly Hulk Hogan…
Dunno maybe he was once a resident of Freedom or some thing… But he is the main thing to see there, other then some band Vicky mentioned and a bunch of sales points. Oh and a very impressive display of cops. ( Does Freedom Pa really have that many cops?) They must have invited a few local police officers and sheriff out there, there must have been at least 40 cops there on a 4 block street. It almost looks like a flea market on the street. Cops in golf carts, 4 wheelers.. and one very tiny stage with 10 feet in front of it facing RT 65.

Anyways at this point, we haven’t had to pay anything or cross any check points, but I do notice there are people there with wrist bands. You know, the kind you get to show you went to the hospital. Vicky then notices there is a place to get an “Event” towel and a signed picture of Hulk Hogan!!!
Whoo Hoo !!! Out the gate she goes, it clearly says EXIT and back to where these towels are being handed out. (clearly says Enter here) Then thinks better of it and tries to come back in. Well don’t this rent a cop ask her to open her purse! She complies, and he seems satisfied and tells her she can now go in (Pointing to one gate). Seeing this, knowing she is carrying IWB I get this chuckle saying to my self “Nope no gun in the purse, we safe” and meanwhile she has her CZ and 15 ready to deliver on her hip. So I walk up behind her figuring no one will “Charge” to see 40 or so odd street vendors, no one would be stupid enough to do that would they? On me, I have my Sigma OWB under a T-Shirt with 16+1 ready to deliver and 2 X 10 in a holster to my left. Cop never notices although he did look at me directly. At this point, I figured they where probably looking for booze or some thing, because there was no way we where not printing a little. So now we are at the gate and there is a $10 admission fee!!!

$10 to see or possibly see Hulk Hogan and possibly stand for a second in front of some band on a 10 foot stretch back to RT65!!! That’s Highway robbery!!!
Anyways we turned around and left, there is no way I was going some place to walk down a 4 block area of street and pay $10 mainly seeing we already walked most of it without paying a penny! But I did think the Cops and rent a cops there where pretty funny looking in ladies purses but not giving me a second look!!!

We chuckled a bit about it while walking up the street, Vicky said at one point, she felt like putting up her shirt to show the CZ there and ask if there was a problem.
I could just see Rent-a-Cop going all woozie thinking How come I cant carry and she can!!!