Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hokkmike Guest

Default How Sullivan County came to be.....

Sullivan County - Uniquely blessed, one traffic light and more deer than human inhabitants. When God was dolling out land to Pennsylvanians He forgot land for the people on top of the mountain. So, he gave them what he had reserved for Himself - Sullivan County.

We have a LOT of game land up here folks! And there are two shooting clubs nearby with one of the biggest SASS ranges located at one of them. There is also one of the lowest priced gun dealers I have visited just north of the county line off of route 220 just past Laddsburg going north. Just follow his signs - L&R Sporting Goods.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: How Sullivan County came to be.....

I LOVE it up there, Worlds End State park is amazing.

the only problem is there is no work up there, if there was I'd move tommorow
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Luzerne County)

You people in Sullivan got it made,so far. If the nitwits from Philly and NYC come there in droves to get away from all the scumbags and bring there ideas of "bambi" in the big woods with them you all will be in big trouble. They will turn it all into a giant "nature preserve" --NO GUNS NO HUNTING--. And you will have to keep your doors locked at night. Just call the cops, they will save you.

(Monroe County)

I love Sullivan county, i almost bought s house on 5.5 acres up there 3 years ago , but my wife wanted something more bigger and fancier like she is used to on long island, but i loved the place it butts right up to a state gameland.

Enjoy, i'll be up that way in summer, Beach lake area, wallenpaupak etc.

Nyman

Hello !

My wife and I are hoping to buy a cabin in Sullivan County soon. I am an avid shooter, use to compete alot, and that`s one of the reasons I want to move to the Free State of Penn.

I hope to find a isolated area with about 4-6+ acres so I can actually set up, just for my own use, a range on the land for pistol/rifle shooting.

Naturally, safety is important and a hill or beam will be used.

My questions are, is that possible ? and does anyone know the actual county/town laws in Sullivan that would affect that ?

Any help and informed advice and actual experiences would be much appreciated.

Rich
    Last edited by Richard Winters; March 30th, 2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: SP

Looked at a house in Shunk once.
    Liked the area.
    FUCK BIDEN

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Winters View Post
    Hello !

My wife and I are hoping to buy a cabin in Sullivan County soon. I am an avid shooter, use to compete alot, and that`s one of the reasons I want to move to the Free State of Penn.

I hope to find a isolated area with about 4-6+ acres so I can actually set up, just for my own use, a range on the land for pistol/rifle shooting.

My questions are, is that possible ? and does anyone know the actual county/town laws in Sullivan that would affect that ?

Rich
    If you decide on an area let me know. I can check with the courthouse and the Sheriff. I think Laporte and Dushore, and probably Mildred and Lopez have a no firearms discharge ordinance. The rest of the county, as far as I know, is OK.

Just keep your cabin out of town and you'll be OK.

Smile Re: How Sullivan County came to be.....

Thanks Hokkmike, just PM`ed you.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Winters View Post
    Hello !

Rich
    I shoot on private land in Sullivan County all the time. I think HokkMike has it right, stay out of the boroughs and you will be legal and since there aren't enough people around to even care it matters even less. I actually shoot within earshot of the State Police Barracks and they don't care. They only ever come around if someone complains about an ATV on a public road.

Signed,
    a nitwit from Philly (who loves hunting and shooting) who has family that owns land in SC.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    You people in Sullivan got it made,so far. If the nitwits from Philly and NYC come there in droves to get away from all the scumbags and bring there ideas of "bambi" in the big woods with them you all will be in big trouble. They will turn it all into a giant "nature preserve" --NO GUNS NO HUNTING--. And you will have to keep your doors locked at night. Just call the cops, they will save you.
    hey take it easy haha im a philly boy and i frequent sullivan county for deer and bear . we aint all nitwits

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast