Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Arrow SIG p250 9mm (compact or subcompact) Vs. S&W MP 9mm compact

I am looking at getting a gun for carry and have it narrowed down to the S&W MP 9c or the SIG p250 compact or subcompact.

Originally I was pretty set on the SIG p250c but I recently handled one of the MP compacts and liked the feel of it and the fact that is a half inch shorter and almost and 1 inch shorter height-wise making it easier for a slim guy such as myself to conceal.

Some of the things I'm considering are as follows:

I like the fact that the SIG can be completely stripped down for cleaning and the pure DAO action allows for double striking. But I dislike how large the the compact version is and the fact that the subcompact doesn't have a tac rail and the grip is not quite long enough for my pinkie, also I have not been able to find any clips for the subcompact that have grip extensions.

The MP is nice because the compact is about as small as I can go and be able to comfortably hold it, and with the mag extension it fits my hand quite well. The MP also seems to have a lot more support as far as accessories and holsters than the SIG, oh yeah and it still has a Tac rail.

I have handled both and they both fit me well except for a bit of trouble with the handle on the SIG subcompact being almost too short for my hand.

I am hoping to find members here in the Pittsburgh area willing to let me test fire these guns as I have not been able to find anywhere with the models I want available for rent. I will of course pay for ammo and am willing to meet or shoot wherever is convenient.

I would appreciate any comments or opinions.

Josh

Default Re: SIG p250 9mm (compact or subcompact) Vs. S&W MP 9mm compact

I have not had the chance to fire a Sig (yet), but I have had the opportunity to shoot the M&P9c. I was very impressed with how it felt. By far my favorite among the polymer guns.

However, I also had the chance to shoot a CZ RAMI and really liked it. I could shoot it as well as any of the full sized pistols I tried. It's minimally heavier than the M&P, but (felt) like it had less recoil. But the problem is finding holsters, it's not a very popular gun.

As for concealment, I had a crossbreed supertuck, and I have absolutely no trouble hiding it under a tshirt, and I am a very skinny guy. (The RAMI and M&P compacts are about the same size)

(Allegheny County)

I have the MP9c and love it. It's a great pistol. I don't think that I'm going to be able to make it to the next group shoot, or I would let you shoot then. You might want to post in the Westie group shoot thread and see if anyone is able to bring one. There are a number of us that have the MP9c.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Northampton County)

I've shot the M+P.40c and own a P250C in .40. If I had to chose 1 the p250c would take it. Just more comfortable all around for me.
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.JFK

Quote Originally Posted by terrible1 View Post
    I've shot the M+P.40c and own a P250C in .40. If I had to chose 1 the p250c would take it. Just more comfortable all around for me.
    I just got the P250C too. Digging it so far and I have found that there are quite a few options for holsters as well. I'm seriously considering the crossbreed supertuck for a daily carry solution.

I would recommend that you shoot the Sig and S&W first prior to making your decision though because some people don't like the high end revolver feel of the trigger.