Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: The Appleseed Project

Everyone should do this! People of all skill levels should go. If you have a scoped rifle dialed in, and can hit a gnat's ass a 25 meters, you can always challenge yourself and shoot with iron sights. I finally went to one this past Saturday at LPRGC, and it was fun and educational. All of the volunteers that helped and instructed were fantastic.

I took an old bolt with iron sights. Shot some decent groups, but failed to get my patch. Definitely going again either next month or the month after that.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 625 View Post
    Everyone should do this! People of all skill levels should go. If you have a scoped rifle dialed in, and can hit a gnat's ass a 25 meters, you can always challenge yourself and shoot with iron sights. I finally went to one this past Saturday at LPRGC, and it was fun and educational. All of the volunteers that helped and instructed were fantastic.

I took an old bolt with iron sights. Shot some decent groups, but failed to get my patch. Definitely going again either next month or the month after that.
    Glad you enjoyed it! We posted pictures from the event over on the PA Appleseed Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4317557&type=1

Check out the 7yr old girl who consistently makes a 250yd shot!!!

Come on out - all ages are welcome!
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(York County)

I'd like to do this, but I don't have a reliable .22lr rifle, and bricks are impossible for me to find. I currently have about 400 rounds of .22lr.

If things go better for me I'll buy a M&P 15-22, but probably not anytime soon.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by HUHwhat View Post
    I'd like to do this, but I don't have a reliable .22lr rifle, and bricks are impossible for me to find. I currently have about 400 rounds of .22lr.

If things go better for me I'll buy a M&P 15-22, but probably not anytime soon.
    If you want to head out Audubon PA way for an Appleseed in 2014, I am happy to set you up with enough ammo for an Appleseed. I always bring enough to help our folks that struggle finding enough ammo.
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(York County)

I appreciate your generosity, and that sounds fine. I'd love to come. I do have about 400 rounds of 22lr. I probably wouldn't need more than another 100 rounds, but what about a rifle, and extra mags?

Quote Originally Posted by lprgcFrank View Post
    If you want to head out Audubon PA way for an Appleseed in 2014, I am happy to set you up with enough ammo for an Appleseed. I always bring enough to help our folks that struggle finding enough ammo.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by HUHwhat View Post
    I appreciate your generosity, and that sounds fine. I'd love to come. I do have about 400 rounds of 22lr. I probably wouldn't need more than another 100 rounds, but what about a rifle, and extra mags?
    the host club in Audubon, Lower Providence Rod and Gun club has 7 loaner S&W M&P 15-22's with both iron and SPARC red dot sights as well as 25 round and 10 round magazines that are made available as loaners for Appleseed. You can use one of these.
    Marko Kloos 2007

(York County)

That sounds good. I'll probably go in march, weather permitting.

(Delaware County)

Just found out about these. Sounds like a great time. Does anyone set up a group excursion? Hotel, dinner, hang out, etc for the weekend? I'd like to do a nice outdoor range with the actual long shooting not the smaller targets to compensate.

(Beaver County)

The inaugural Project Appleseed rifle marksmanship (and American history) course at Pitcairn-Monroeville Sportsmen's Club will be held the weekend of May 24-25. Only 14 spots still available (as of 5/5), and they are bound to fill up fast. For more info check appleseedinfo.org.

(Beaver County)

For those who may be reluctant to bring children to a Project Appleseed event due to the "ammo shortage", while supplies last any youth attending an event in western PA or eastern OH can purchase 500 rds of CCI Blazer .22 ammo for $16.25. Check with the shootboss (or PM me) for availability inquiries.

This deal is compliments of the Youth Shooting Sports Assn and Federal.

Grown-ups will have to find their own centerfire ammo.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast