Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Re: Carbon County Roll Call

Jim, I agree with you on the rules.
    Look forward to seeing you at the range sometime.

Jim

(Carbon County)

I'm due to go out to the sgl range on the broad. If you guys who need Carbon county ref want to come out and meet up,, if I know you I don't have an issue(usually) as a ref.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I'm due to go out to the sgl range on the broad. If you guys who need Carbon county ref want to come out and meet up,, if I know you I don't have an issue(usually) as a ref.
    I have been wanting to hit the Broad Mountain range too. What is everyone doing next Saturday, the 16th? I may head up there around 9 or 10. If anyone is free let me know. My schedule is pretty flexible that day. Weather cooperating, of course. I am only 10 minutes from there.
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you!

(Carbon County)

I may be available that day.. might go up on my bike if its nice enough out.. Wanted to go out tomorrow but friday drive home with a 102.9 fever that I'm having trouble kicking.. down to 100 even now.. and now the wifey got the bug too.. so I'm apparently contagious... staying indoors till work on monday.. I hope to get them all sick.. wait was that out loud?

(Carbon County)

I may be available that day.. might go up on my bike if its nice enough out.. Wanted to go out tomorrow but friday drive home with a 102.9 fever that I'm having trouble kicking.. down to 100 even now.. and now the wifey got the bug too.. so I'm apparently contagious... staying indoors till work on monday.. I hope to get them all sick.. wait was that out loud?
    hahahaha, funny you say that, I was thinking the EXACT SAME THING!! I rode to the Bowmanstown R&G club last year with my AR broken down and in a back pack. The barrel was still sticking out the top of my bag, got some strange looks through Jim Thorpe. Rifle barrel sticking out of a back pack on a Honda CBR sport bike!! lol

Anyway, was looking at the extended forecast, and they are calling for rain, , but if it does hold off I should be there around 10.

(Carbon County)

I have gotten some strange looks on my KTM 450 when I dont have my 45 on my hip.. bike barely looks legal as it is..

(Carbon County)

I have gotten some strange looks on my KTM 450 when I dont have my 45 on my hip.. bike barely looks legal as it is..
    I always openly carry on my bike when I ride. Most people don't notice, I think, because my jacket it black and my XD kind just blends in with the jacket. But it was a busy, weekend in Jim Thorpe, so when I rode through with my AR barrel sticking out, I got plenty of looks from a lot of people as I passed by them.

(Carbon County)

Sounds like the same bug I got from the split rock gun show. If it is prepare to be out of comision for a week and coughing like a coal miner for another week at least. I spent Monday and Tuesday after the show dead to the world. Slept for 30 hours strait.

(Carbon County)

Still hacking,, still running a fever,, been hacking since thursday and fever since friday and I'm on day 4 of the z-pack 5 day antibiotics.. oh what fun! Oh,, maybe I cought it from someone at the VF show.. they must have brought it from splitrock to VF then gave it to me to bring back up north.. how nice..

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by robk0220 View Post
    Well, and I'm guessing this is a county thing, as I have not seen it anywhere else in the state, your references that you put on the application must be residents of Carbon County. Since we just moved here, we don't know anybody that is a county resident to put down as a reference.

I spoke with someone at the State Police Firearms Division, who said that "since the sheriff runs background checks, they can make that type of restriction for accepting applications". My next question to them was, "Well, what do they do when they receive a non-resident application?"

The response: "Good question."
    I had the same problem back in 2008. Fortunately, one of my kids had a friend at the time whose parents did some hunting that I was able to use as references, who understood the permit process.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast