Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default has anyone heard of/ visited Altra firearms in Jackson Center PA?

I recently saw an ad for Altra Firearms in Jackson Center PA in my local pennysaver (Ross Township). I have never heard of this store and found it odd that they advertised in a pennysaver an hour and 15 minutes away.

They advertise that they have "Politically Incorrect Firearms" and specialize in millitary rifles, assualt funs, sawed-off shotfuns, handguns, suppressors, and all class III weapons.

Sounds like a cool place that I would like to check out. I was hoping someone would have some intel on them so I don't waste time / gas money if they are bogus.

(Venango County)

Default Re: has anyone heard of/ visited Altra firearms in Jackson Center PA?

I would be interested in hearing about it. I have driven through there many times and never even heard of this place. Could be new, or I could have just missed it. Not a very big area. I think it's only a half hour, forty five minute drive from me if I'm not mistaken.

(Mercer County)

A buddy of mine lives near there and stopped in a few weeks ago. Here is what he had to say about the place.

"Dude, I have found the absolute creepiest gunshop ever, anywhere. The closest thing to an Elmer Fudd gun is a wall of sawed off Remmy 870, most of them requiring Class 3 licensing (barrels way less than 18").
    From a paved road you turn onto a tar and chip road, then onto a gravel road, then onto a dirt road through a strip mine. There are cameras watching you as you progress down the trail, and in the shop a voice recording notifies the owner of vehicle intrusion. You better have a
    4x4 with good tires because you are truly driving in a strip mine and there is a deep ravine with ponds on both sides (easily defendable position, he probably has charges built into the land bridge). The shop is a cinder block building and the walls are covered by AK, Dragunovs, H&K variants, a few belt fed full autos, and some AR15 stuff. The floor is piled with ammo and crates of magazines. Under the glass case are a bunch of silencers, a silenced Ruger semi auto 22LR, and a couple of ruger silenced 22LR rifles on the wall. It's between Jackson Center and Grove City, place is called Altra Firearms. It's my new favorite place."

I'm more of a non-military type gun enthusiast. No 1911 or AR type stuff to be found in my house, so this is not my cup of tea, but certainly sounds interesting for the folks that are into that kind of stuff. Hey, any gunshop is welcome around here. The more the merrier.

reakin

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by reakin View Post
    A buddy of mine lives near there and stopped in a few weeks ago. Here is what he had to say about the place.

"Dude, I have found the absolute creepiest gunshop ever, anywhere. The closest thing to an Elmer Fudd gun is a wall of sawed off Remmy 870, most of them requiring Class 3 licensing (barrels way less than 18").
    From a paved road you turn onto a tar and chip road, then onto a gravel road, then onto a dirt road through a strip mine. There are cameras watching you as you progress down the trail, and in the shop a voice recording notifies the owner of vehicle intrusion. You better have a
    4x4 with good tires because you are truly driving in a strip mine and there is a deep ravine with ponds on both sides (easily defendable position, he probably has charges built into the land bridge). The shop is a cinder block building and the walls are covered by AK, Dragunovs, H&K variants, a few belt fed full autos, and some AR15 stuff. The floor is piled with ammo and crates of magazines. Under the glass case are a bunch of silencers, a silenced Ruger semi auto 22LR, and a couple of ruger silenced 22LR rifles on the wall. It's between Jackson Center and Grove City, place is called Altra Firearms. It's my new favorite place."

I'm more of a non-military type gun enthusiast. No 1911 or AR type stuff to be found in my house, so this is not my cup of tea, but certainly sounds interesting for the folks that are into that kind of stuff. Hey, any gunshop is welcome around here. The more the merrier.

reakin
    LOL sounds like an awsome place

(Venango County)

Well I don't have any need for any supressors, full autos, or the like. Guess I don't need to stop by then.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks reakin, your post was exactly what I was looking for. Sounds like a cool place to me I think I'll take a buddy and let people know I'm going, sounds like a place where people go missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Well I don't have any need for any supressors, full autos, or the like. Guess I don't need to stop by then.
    Ya me either but it seems like something that would definitely be worth just checking out. I like these kinds of places, the small shops with a lot of stuff you usually don't see, compared to the Dick's and Cabela's.... just my perference I guess

Thanks though for the intel

(Mercer County)

wow i live 5 miles from Jackson Center and never heard of this place. ill have to do some investigating.

strange as a while back there was a guy with caches of explosives and weapons a few years back. still remember the day the bomb squad was setting off the explosives. this was not too far from the same area. within 8 or 9 miles.

(Mercer County)

ranger - have you ever been to Wolf Creek? I've been meaning to stop in there sometime but haven't made it yet. Worth the time?

reakin

(Mercer County)

Wolf Creek... im not sure if hes an actual gun shop or not. ive never been there, but heard good things about his gunsmithing. Ed Wojeneck(sp?) is his name. E.W. Tool and Die is the sign at the end of his drive. he does all kinds of machining.

(Indiana County)

Advertising they have "Politically Incorrect" weapons is a good reason for me to not stop there.

Just as I won't deal with sellers on gun broker that list their guns with cute little sayings like "Assault rifle", "Ghetto Blaster" and "Get it before Obama does", ect... this childish wording is fodder for the looney leftists out there and stoking the fire under the asses of the anti's is bad business practice IMO.

Thanks for the honest report on the place.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast