Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Berks County)

Default Re: has anyone heard of/ visited Altra firearms in Jackson Center PA?

You know, if sheepdog had anything of value to offer they wouldn't feel the need to lobby the heavy hand of government to mandate their services..
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by schoward View Post
    This is Paul
    I will ask him about this post.
    I completely disagree with his post, but its up to him to address your concerns.
    I still don't see where he stated he wanted mandatory training. He said that mandatory training would stop accidental deaths, which I disagree with.
    I prefer freedom over life.
    You seem like an ok fella, and from what I've heard and read here,(besides the more recent posts) it sounds like you run a pretty nice shop.

Your hackles are up after you and your livelihood was shat upon on the interwebz. Emotions also tend to run pretty high here. Any deviation from Constitution Motherfucker! is usually met with vagina hat level Trump hatred.
    Sheepdog may not have actually definitively stated that they support mandatory training, but saying how these tragic incidents will continue to happen without some kind of mandated gun safety course, does sound like it might be a good thing.

Maybe be their trying to make the pont, that if gun owners don't have more training, then the government will mandate it. That's not the best argument either. The numbers simply don't support it. CCW holders have a much lower incidence of negligent and criminal use of firearms than LEO does.

The anti gunners are going to propose any and every piece of crap legislation they can. It doesn't matter if we train with Frontsite, Sheeptdog, James Yeager of Tactical Response, or at Guardian Training Center. If they think they can get something passed, they will.

Could be using some fear mongering to justify your existence? ASE does this in the automotive industry. They say that if there is no testing and qualification of mechanics, then .gov is sure to implement mandatory licensing.

As as far as I know, Sheepdog has not sufficiently addressed the concerns that people have over their statements regarding mandatory training. They just argued, deleted, and engaged in character assassination and general Fakebook asshattery.

Sheepdog's comments speak for themselves. I don't see how they could be construed as anything but advocating for mandatory training for gun owners.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    You seem like an ok fella, and from what I've heard and read here,(besides the more recent posts) it sounds like you run a pretty nice shop.

Your hackles are up after you and your livelihood was shat upon on the interwebz. Emotions also tend to run pretty high here. Any deviation from Constitution Motherfucker! is usually met with vagina hat level Trump hatred.
    Sheepdog may not have actually definitively stated that they support mandatory training, but saying how these tragic incidents will continue to happen without some kind of mandated gun safety course, does sound like it might be a good thing.

Maybe be their trying to make the pont, that if gun owners don't have more training, then the government will mandate it. That's not the best argument either. The numbers simply don't support it. CCW holders have a much lower incidence of negligent and criminal use of firearms than LEO does.

The anti gunners are going to propose any and every piece of crap legislation they can. It doesn't matter if we train with Frontsite, Sheeptdog, James Yeager of Tactical Response, or at Guardian Training Center. If they think they can get something passed, they will.

Could be using some fear mongering to justify your existence? ASE does this in the automotive industry. They say that if there is no testing and qualification of mechanics, then .gov is sure to implement mandatory licensing.

As as far as I know, Sheepdog has not sufficiently addressed the concerns that people have over their statements regarding mandatory training. They just argued, deleted, and engaged in character assassination and general Fakebook asshattery.

Sheepdog's comments speak for themselves. I don't see how they could be construed as anything but advocating for mandatory training for gun owners.
    This is Scott not Paul. I agree with you but its not my shop. I also know Paul doesn't think that way and if instead of bashing his business people actually went to the shop they would get that.
    But in the age of Keyboard warriors, few seem interested in actually personally checking things out but rather would just jump on the band wagon.

(Allegheny County)

Grow up. Stop insulting people with this "troll" and "keyboard warrior" crap.

This isn't Facebook. It's not my job to go talk to someone XX miles away. If there's something that needs addressed that he's offended by, he needs to address it.

Sounds to me like it's all been hashed out and instead of dealing with it like adults, things were deleted to "hide the evidence".

One thing I've seen over and over again HERE is that bullshit is always sniffed out and called out.
    People come here to post negative stuff about a shop and they often times end up with a thread that not only makes them look foolish, but makes the shop they came to bash look even better to casual observers.

We shall see how this turns out.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by schoward View Post
    This is Scott not Paul. I agree with you but its not my shop. I also know Paul doesn't think that way and if instead of bashing his business people actually went to the shop they would get that.
    But in the age of Keyboard warriors, few seem interested in actually personally checking things out but rather would just jump on the band wagon.
    Businesses are both born and die on the internet, it's been that way for over a decade now. It has absolutely nothing to do with being a "keyboard commando" it's just how the flow of information is passed but I'm sure you know this.

If anyone was to be blamed for being a keyboard commando would it not be SheepDog? If anyone were to be pressured to make this right should it not be Sheepdog?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Same. Ron from sheepdog is lying. The posts are now deleted by sheepdog, but there’s a multi page thread on arfcom documenting one side of this, including how sheepdog had double and tripled down on their assertions and opinions. There is absolutely no room for misunderstanding, he made the statements, reiterated them, argued for them, deleted dissenting opinions and criticism. And to hear Altra defend them despite the evidence is disgusting.
    Thanks for clarifying. Back on the naughty list lol
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678