Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: has anyone heard of/ visited Altra firearms in Jackson Center PA?

Quote Originally Posted by schoward View Post
    Wow interesting post. Full of BS but interesting.
    I take it you've never been to Altra or spoken to anyone who works there.
    But you'll jump on the troll wagon based on another post about a training company.
    I'll help you out with some facts.
    Sheepdog rents range time at altra as do other training companies.
    They are not owned by the same people.
    Sheepdog does not speak for Altra or any of Altra's employees.
    And if you bothered to check with altra you would have known this, but its clear you did not.
    Before you slam somebody's business try getting facts instead of acting like CNN and talking out your ass.
    Sheepdog actively advocates against the 2A.

Altra actively promotes sheepdog(then, rather than try to convince me that they are correct for supporting a company that advocates against the 2A, they just delete my very civil post explaining my view.) Pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    For what it’s worth, i started the other thread. When the drama initially popped up, I asked your guys opinions via your Facebook page. You said you didn’t support their statements. Sheepdog viciously defended their positions, reiterated their stance against the second amendment, and then deleted dozens of dissenting posts and reviews from their Facebook page.

I left Altra out of it, until the other day when I saw that not only is Altra allowing sheepdog to use your facility, you are actively promoting them via your Facebook page. Additionally according to sheepdog’s Facebook page, it appears that you are renovating or adding on to your facility specifically to support sheepdog’s operation.

Even then, I didnt make a big deal out of you promoting sheepdog, but I did politely and civilly post on your Facebook post to let you know that based on your continued support for a company that actively advocates for restricting my freedom, I could no longer support your store. I only made the follow up posts here after Altra deleted my comments to hide truth.
    Sounds pretty cut and dry to me.

Based on the actual Facebook quote posted by Sheepdog his feelings regarding mandatory training are pretty strait forward and clear so I don't see them as being a matter of him coming off wrong, it's just his opinion was/is unpopular with all except the gun grabbers. If Gov Wolf read those same words as his own no one would be questioning his true intent and that's a fact.

If my memory serves me correctly he (sheepdog) argued back and doubled down on the dumb before killing the whole conversation.

Either way he's no one I would do business with.
    Last edited by Hodgie; May 4th, 2019 at 02:34 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Very disappointing.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Allegheny County)

As I said, "based on the evidence"... (and it's pretty damning)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Hello All
    This is Paul Chandler owner of Altra Firearms. Im using Scott's account to address some concerns.
    First Altra and Sheepdog are two different companies. The owner of Sheepdog first name is Ron.
    Sheepdog uses our address as this is where they conduct a large amount of their training.
    Altra's opinions can be found on our website Altrafirearms.com and on our facebook page.
    In short my opinion on all gun laws, including background checks and the nfa are unconstitutional.
    I spoke with Ron (of sheepdog) minutes ago, he stated he does not believe training should be mandated but he can see how people got that perception from his post.
    I read the posts and i can see how some got that opinion.
    I feel that if someone has a problem with my company or me they should have the decency to contact the store or me personally and I would happily answer their questions.
    It is inappropriate even disingenuous to take half truths and troll my business with them. Especially when the original post had nothing to do with my company or me.
    Again if you have any questions come in and talk to us or call 814-786-8346, you'll see where we stand on the 2nd amendment.
    Thank you Paul. I purchased my P365 there, and yinz helped me with some minor smithing. Your clarification above has kept me as a customer.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

I fail to see how the Altra's owner's post changes anything.

I also fail to see how the following could have been "misunderstood".

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Paul, welcome to the forum.

This is probably how people got the idea that Sheepdog thinks mandated training is a good idea.

I would ask Ron if he still stands by those posts.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Same. Ron from sheepdog is lying. The posts are now deleted by sheepdog, but there’s a multi page thread on arfcom documenting one side of this, including how sheepdog had double and tripled down on their assertions and opinions. There is absolutely no room for misunderstanding, he made the statements, reiterated them, argued for them, deleted dissenting opinions and criticism. And to hear Altra defend them despite the evidence is disgusting.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Berks County)

This is Paul
    I will ask him about this post.
    I completely disagree with his post, but its up to him to address your concerns.
    I still don't see where he stated he wanted mandatory training. He said that mandatory training would stop accidental deaths, which I disagree with.
    I prefer freedom over life.
    I still don't see.... damn bro you lost me right there. That's like zero reading comprehension. Yes he doesn't say the words. He just writes the meaning in sentences to convey his convictions. You'll find we are intolerant to half truths and lies of omission. I hope your friend was worth your credibility. I'm a bit sad now as it always sounded like a really cool trip to take. I hold out hope that this is sock puppetry and not the real deal.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Cause it can't.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Same. Ron from sheepdog is lying. The posts are now deleted by sheepdog, but there’s a multi page thread on arfcom documenting one side of this, including how sheepdog had double and tripled down on their assertions and opinions. There is absolutely no room for misunderstanding, he made the statements, reiterated them, argued for them, deleted dissenting opinions and criticism. And to hear Altra defend them despite the evidence is disgusting.
    You know the practical downfall of mandatory training is it's taught to the minimum standards to an uninterested audience who are just jumping through the hoops of infringement. It's worthless. Its only another barrier unconstitutionally placed in front of a right.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast