Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: has anyone heard of/ visited Altra firearms in Jackson Center PA?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    FYI, if you want to support a company that cares about your rights, steer far away from this company. They have decided to support, promote, and host scumbags that want mandatory training for firearms ownership, as well as lie about about statistics trying to make CCWers look incompetent. They talk a big game, but it’s apparentlg all about the money, so 2A be damned.

More info
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=342213

Wow interesting post. Full of BS but interesting.
    I take it you've never been to Altra or spoken to anyone who works there.
    But you'll jump on the troll wagon based on another post about a training company.
    I'll help you out with some facts.
    Sheepdog rents range time at altra as do other training companies.
    They are not owned by the same people.
    Sheepdog does not speak for Altra or any of Altra's employees.
    And if you bothered to check with altra you would have known this, but its clear you did not.
    Before you slam somebody's business try getting facts instead of acting like CNN and talking out your ass.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by schoward View Post
    But you'll jump on the troll wagon based on another post about a training company.
    And if you bothered to check with altra you would have known this, but its clear you did not.
    Before you slam somebody's business try getting facts instead of acting like CNN and talking out your ass.
    Based on the evidence, you're gonna have to do better than that.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lycoming County)

So has Altra cut ties or spoken out against Sheepdogs asshattery? Are they still promoting them on Facebook and removing negative comments? These are the real problems brought up in the other thread.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Based on the evidence, you're gonna have to do better than that.
    what evidence? Did you read the post? Sheepdog doesn't say anything about altra's opinion. Further since i helped start Altra I know the owner of Altra personally and he doesn't own sheepdog.
    What evidence about/against Altra do you have do you have Mr moderator?
    Or is this your version of "me too"? Where someone has to prove their inocence?

(Mercer County)

The problems are with sheepdog. I don't know about them I also saw comments were removed from their thread, again not altra's problem nor altras conduct I know they "lease"/ rent the range. Just like any other training company can. Are you saying they should be banned from Altra because of their opinion?

(Lycoming County)

The problems are with sheepdog. I don't know about them I also saw comments were removed from their thread, again not altra's problem nor altras conduct I know they "lease"/ rent the range. Just like any other training company can. Are you saying they should be banned from Altra because of their opinion?
    If they're dishonest as a company and don't support the 2A, then yeah. They probably shouldn't be allowed to rent the space. My opinion anyways. To be fair, I probably won't ever get to Alta and I guarantee I won't ever take a class hosted by sheepdog there or anywhere else.

(Mercer County)

Hello All
    This is Paul Chandler owner of Altra Firearms. Im using Scott's account to address some concerns.
    First Altra and Sheepdog are two different companies. The owner of Sheepdog first name is Ron.
    Sheepdog uses our address as this is where they conduct a large amount of their training.
    Altra's opinions can be found on our website Altrafirearms.com and on our facebook page.
    In short my opinion on all gun laws, including background checks and the nfa are unconstitutional.
    I spoke with Ron (of sheepdog) minutes ago, he stated he does not believe training should be mandated but he can see how people got that perception from his post.
    I read the posts and i can see how some got that opinion.
    I feel that if someone has a problem with my company or me they should have the decency to contact the store or me personally and I would happily answer their questions.
    It is inappropriate even disingenuous to take half truths and troll my business with them. Especially when the original post had nothing to do with my company or me.
    Again if you have any questions come in and talk to us or call 814-786-8346, you'll see where we stand on the 2nd amendment.

(Bucks County)

Paul, welcome to the forum.

This is probably how people got the idea that Sheepdog thinks mandated training is a good idea.

I would ask Ron if he still stands by those posts.

(Mercer County)

This is Paul
    I will ask him about this post.
    I completely disagree with his post, but its up to him to address your concerns.
    I still don't see where he stated he wanted mandatory training. He said that mandatory training would stop accidental deaths, which I disagree with.
    I prefer freedom over life.

(Allegheny County)

Hello All
    This is Paul Chandler owner of Altra Firearms. Im using Scott's account to address some concerns.
    First Altra and Sheepdog are two different companies. The owner of Sheepdog first name is Ron.
    Sheepdog uses our address as this is where they conduct a large amount of their training.
    Altra's opinions can be found on our website Altrafirearms.com and on our facebook page.
    In short my opinion on all gun laws, including background checks and the nfa are unconstitutional.
    I spoke with Ron (of sheepdog) minutes ago, he stated he does not believe training should be mandated but he can see how people got that perception from his post.
    I read the posts and i can see how some got that opinion.
    I feel that if someone has a problem with my company or me they should have the decency to contact the store or me personally and I would happily answer their questions.
    It is inappropriate even disingenuous to take half truths and troll my business with them. Especially when the original post had nothing to do with my company or me.
    Again if you have any questions come in and talk to us or call 814-786-8346, you'll see where we stand on the 2nd amendment.
    For what it’s worth, i started the other thread. When the drama initially popped up, I asked your guys opinions via your Facebook page. You said you didn’t support their statements. Sheepdog viciously defended their positions, reiterated their stance against the second amendment, and then deleted dozens of dissenting posts and reviews from their Facebook page.

I left Altra out of it, until the other day when I saw that not only is Altra allowing sheepdog to use your facility, you are actively promoting them via your Facebook page. Additionally according to sheepdog’s Facebook page, it appears that you are renovating or adding on to your facility specifically to support sheepdog’s operation.

Even then, I didnt make a big deal out of you promoting sheepdog, but I did politely and civilly post on your Facebook post to let you know that based on your continued support for a company that actively advocates for restricting my freedom, I could no longer support your store. I only made the follow up posts here after Altra deleted my comments to hide truth.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast