Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Re: has anyone heard of/ visited Altra firearms in Jackson Center PA?

I am not sure where you visited, but even the old building's lane was not as bad as you describe in your post.

For those who have never been to ALTRA FIREARMS, you should The new building is up. a 6000 square foot, totally underground, concrete and steel structure. You will gain access to the gun shop through an 80 foot buried entrance tunnel. Inside you will find all types of firearms, ammunition and countless accessories. Located just outside of Grove City, it's definitely worth the trip. The guys are all very helpful and knowledgeable. With well over 2000 guns, there IS something for EVERYONE. Yes, advertised as " politically incorrect" the shop takes pride in standing up for the rights as gun owners and protector of their amendments to legally own guns. Ranges are being worked on now that will allow you to shoot in a 360* range, a 750yard range and a jungle walk with reactive targets. Classrooms are being built to accomodate gun safety teaching and self defense shooting classes. This is NOT your everyday gun shop. You will find collectibles, AR's AK's handguns of every size shape and color. You can see pictures on their facebook page and their website. Look for yourself.

(Allegheny County)

Went there for the first time about two weeks ago....it's easily my new favorite place.

Me and my brother were a bit like "what have we got ourselves into" when we first pulled up, but once you walk inside....amazing.

No other shop I've been to in the 3-rivers area has a selection like this. Maybe Pittsburgh tactical or some other overpriced shop, but I'd rather not pay $300 more than I can get a gun on gun broker for.

They have to have 500-1000 pistols now and military-style rifles galore. Both modern military-style semi autos and old mil-surp stuff everywhere. Also Class III stuff if you are in to that sort of thing (who isn't?)

I only bought some Sig Tshirts last time, but I'll definitely be back to purchase a weapon soon!

(Mercer County)

Great shop. Bought a Taurus PT709 for me and a S&W Bodyguard for my daughter from them. Knowledgeable and totally non pushy.

Altragungirl,

The jungle walk with reactive targets sounds cool. Have any of you ever done the jungle walk at Knob Creek? Something like that would be fun to do, and not just with subguns.

I'd like to run thru something like that with my Glock 17L and CZ75 with extended mags.

AR and AK pistols would be great too, if the steel targets would stand up to it.

Ok, this place is tits.

I was on my way home from paying for my Sig MPX when I realized that my tweaked CZ Scorpion barrel was in the truck somewhere.

I said, "ok Google, take me to the nearest gun shop", and this is where Google took me.

It's a site to behold, for sure. A bunch of stacked and modified shipping containers form the ground level building and tunnel, and then you go into a big underground bunker.

They have a huge selection.

I went up to the two older gentleman and inquired about them fixing my barrel. They don't do smithing, but they were more than happy to let me use their vise and tools.

My barrel was corrected in no time!

He then told me about the construction of the site and invited me to look around a bit. They then told me about a special weekend coming up in August where their will be distributers, manufacturers, and the such, and lots of shooting. Invited me up.

The other guy lives not far from where I work and gave me his number and invited me shooting.

All this and I didn't spend a dime, and he refused cash when I offered for letting me use his tools. They couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming.

I'll definitely be back. Now there's more than just the grove city outlets to visit that area.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Bucks County)

Looks like an awesome place. Wish there was something like that on our side of the state.

May have to make a detour next time we're out in W PA visiting family.

Stopped there for the first time a few months ago. Awesome shop. Been wanting to get there for years. Prices seemed slightly high, but can't deny their selection as far as tactical rifles go is unmatched in this area, and the staff was great too.

Another +1 for Altra. I love that they keep up with the 21st century, and because they do, I was able to snag 1 of 6 Sig P365s that they posted on Facebook. Great group of guys. The salesman didn't leave me hanging by myself while the PICS was processing, stayed with me and shot the shit the whole time.

The price was only 20 dollars higher than I could get online, but that's a wash when I consider shipping/transfer fee.

(Allegheny County)

FYI, if you want to support a company that cares about your rights, steer far away from this company. They have decided to support, promote, and host scumbags that want mandatory training for firearms ownership, as well as lie about about statistics trying to make CCWers look incompetent. They talk a big game, but it’s apparentlg all about the money, so 2A be damned.

More info
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=342213

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast