Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Crawford County)

Smile Re: has anyone heard of/ visited Altra firearms in Jackson Center PA?

Hey Guys & Gals, I Don't want to come off as a "Cheerleader"-Type of Guy for Altra-Fire-Arms, but In 40 years of buying Firearms from Every type of Dealer across Pennsylvania, I have NEVER Come Across Gunshop Owners That Actually Shook My Hand and Asked Me If I Was Satisfied with the Price of The Weapon I Bought from Them. I went down from Meadville this Saturday(9th),Just to Look/See, thinking that maybe I might get to Fire an Automatic Weapon Outside(They Do This on Saturdays). They had a Shipment of CUGIR WASR-10's in and I was Interested. Paul spent allmost an Hour with Me personally telling me about the Good and Bad of the WASR. I Bought one and when I opened the box at home, I found that Paul had Slipped 2 Xtra 20 Round Original Mags into the Box as a Bonus!! It Feels Great when you know that your hard-earned money you spend on Any Weapon is Appreciated, but it Feels Even Better getting a Little "Christmas Present" with Your Purchase. If I Ever Hit The Lottery, Scott & Paul will be able to take a Vacation to Hawaii, because Altra-Firearms will be the 2nd place I go to AFTER I Pay Off The Bank Mortgage!! Please take the time to Visit Altra and See for Yourself/Again I Will Say To All, YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!!! Semper Fi, MarineGrunt'66

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: has anyone heard of/ visited Altra firearms in Jackson Center PA?

Quote Originally Posted by bigben1986 View Post
    I recently saw an ad for Altra Firearms in Jackson Center PA in my local pennysaver (Ross Township). I have never heard of this store and found it odd that they advertised in a pennysaver an hour and 15 minutes away.

They advertise that they have "Politically Incorrect Firearms" and specialize in millitary rifles, assualt funs, sawed-off shotfuns, handguns, suppressors, and all class III weapons.

Sounds like a cool place that I would like to check out. I was hoping someone would have some intel on them so I don't waste time / gas money if they are bogus.
    I stopped there, and as someone noted, it is not your Dicks Sporting Goods. The entrance is hard to find, and it does go forever down an old back road. The people were professional, courteous, and helpful, they knew their business, and offer weapons at very good prices.

I may have seen the same ad as you (in the Horse Trader magazine) prompting me to make the trip. It was well worth it. Their prices are very good, and I am quite pleased with my purchase. I have referred friends there--who don't fit the mold of backwood survivalist AT ALL, and they were treated with respect and as a paying customer might expect. I will be taking another friend to their shop on Friday.

(Erie County)

i also have went and have nothing but positive things to say about them. i will be back many many times for thier prices and thier freindlyness and knowledge

(Crawford County)

I am a customer of Altra and have bought many firearms there. You will not find a nicer place to do business. Paul and Scott have created a very special place for firearms enthusiasts and have been a big help to me and my son. some kids like to play ball, some like to ride dirt bikes, my son likes to spend saturday afternoon at Altra Firearms. Tim...

(Clarion County)

Went yesterday. Took my first ar lower build with me. They looked it over, let me try an upper on it I was semi interested in. Talked about red dots, and they let me step outside with one of their rifles to check it out. Counter man had one I was interested in on one of his ars at home, and offered to bring it in sometime to let me shoot. Too bad they didn't have what I wanted or they would of had my money. Said they have new stuff coming in and ordering is no problem. Did get something small, but will be one of the first places I go from now on when in the market.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Lawrence County)

Thumbs up Re: has anyone heard of/ visited Altra firearms in Jackson Center PA?

I have gone to Altra a time or two. Got my FN5.7 & FN PS90 from there. I have only great things to say about Altra's owner & staff. Volumes of knowledge,courteous, & fair ,honest prices. Also you don't need a 4wheel drive to get there, my lil' subaru foerster got in & out just fine. Looking forward to going back for a FN FS2000 when funds permit. These guys aren't some survivalist "nuts" or (insert other negative term here). They are like myself , & I suspect most of us on this site, they like firearms. When I dealt with them I didn't feel like just a customer. They have a knack for making you feel at home talking w/friends. They definitely deserve a chance to earn your business.

(Beaver County)

My brother and I found Alta through an ad they had for Nagant revolvers: my nephew is a Russian firearms enthusiast and my brother picked one up for him for Christmas. I have been back there twice and I have to say Scott and the crew at Altra may be the nicest, most pleasant gun shop employees I have ever dealt with. We have to drive over an hour one way to get to Alta and I still make it a habit to stop there once a month. At some gun shops unles you are a "regular" you can be made to feel unwelcome but the exact opposite happened at Altra. They offered us a bottle of water, welcomed us, and even opened the doors for us when we showed up before they were officially open: Scott was there doing paperwork and when we pulled up he opened up for us. You never know what they are going to have, although they specialize in military / tactical stuff and class III i picked up a very nice old Detective Special that they had taken on trade at a VERY reasonable price. Simply one of the nicest, most pleasant buying experiences I have ever had. As a trainer for my company I teach sales and customers service and my people could take a lesson from Altra on how to treat the customer.

(Beaver County)

I just picked up my Nagant M1895.

I cannot express how pleased I was with the folks behind the counter and the shop itself. Great people -- Very welcoming and knowledgable. Two traits you don't get to see much in gun stores.

I will be utilizing them for more gun purchases in the future. A+ service.
    Jim

Based on the comments in this thread, me and a buddy of mine will be taking a day trip in the next month or two to check the place out. Sounds like an interesting shop.

(Mercer County)

Hi All This is Scott with Altra
    I know this is an old thread but I thought. I should get the group up to speed. First I left the company in Oct 2011. When I left the company several other people were brought in. Unfortunately, those people had to be terminated. If you read the local papers you'll see why. I dont think it is appropiate to post why here. Reguardless, The problem children are gone. If you come to the shop either Denny or I will be there. Paul's working on the new building. Another problem we are having is that the Altra Firearms facebook page is controled by a fired employee and we are in the process of having it taken down. Although we started another facebook page, the old one keeps showing up. So if you see anything on Facebook please verify with the shop. If the last employees caused you to stop coming to the shop. Stop in and give us a second look. We are working hard to rebuild the inventory and restore quality of service to what we were known for. If you stop in feel free to ask for me by name.
    Thanks all
    Scott

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast