Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Crawford County)

Smile Re: has anyone heard of/ visited Altra firearms in Jackson Center PA?

Saw Altra Firearms Ad in Shopper paper, sounded interesting AND IT WAS!! Map-Quested Directions & found shop in Short-Order. Going thru Gate to property was a little spooky, but once you go into the shop itself, it is a Military Type Weapons Dream! The Showcases are filled with EVERY TYPE of Military Caliber Semi-Autos & the Walls are just Lined floor to ceiling with EVERY Type of Semi-Autos & Bolt Action Military Style Rifles you could imagine. This is NOT your typical Gun-Store as their Name Implies, but if you are looking for a Gun Store with Truly Professional Staff that knows theirWeapons, then you HAVE to Visit Altra Firearms!! There are 2 Owner, the first is Scott/ He is a Retired Penna. State Trooper with a Class 3 Dealers License & is THE Most knowledgeable man on Military Semi and Full Auto Weapons That I have met since I left the Corps. And the other owner Paul bent over backward to make sure I was treated with courtesy and Respect(AS any customer should be), the moment I set foot in the Shop. I ended up buying a Romanian PSL-54C with ALL THE ACCESSORIES for $650.00 + 2-440 round sardine tins of ammo for $99.00 each. They Threw in an Ultra-Firearms T-Shirt & I left the shop VERY SATISFIED. This is THE PLACE TO GO if you are looking for that Special AK/SKS/PSL-54C/ or any other weapon of this type. You WON'T BE SORRY YOU DID!! Semper-Fi, MarineGrunt'66

(Monroe County)

Default Re: has anyone heard of/ visited Altra firearms in Jackson Center PA?

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Well I don't have any need for any supressors, full autos, or the like. Guess I don't need to stop by then.
    Cool... that leaves more for us!

(Venango County)

If they have more stuff than what I thought previously, maybe some stuff for my mosin, I might have to stop by there.

(Crawford County)

well i was there today and didnt see any full autos or sawed off shotguns. factory mossberg home defense and a bunch of sig AR's and a bunch of old military guns . Mosin nagants and swiss rifles. about 50 pistols ranging from sig to some i never heard of called sccy. it is in a small garage in the botttom of the guys house. so it is small. did have some tiger 7.62 x39 ammo for 5 bucks though. it was a nice place with nice people . would reccomend going to check it out.
    Last edited by chipblaster; December 31st, 2010 at 06:48 PM.

(Mercer County)

Hi all
    This is Scott from Altra, I've been following the posts and decided to add some clarification. Yes we are a small shop. We didn't have millions of dollars to start a business. Yes we are out of the way, we are located on 110 acres of private land. We have put in several shooting pits and will continue to improve them when the weather breaks. But because we have a place to shoot right outside our door we are able to test all the used weapons that are in inventory prior to selling them to the public. We specialize in military style and historic weapons. We have as of 01/07/11 about 25 nazi k98s (russian capture guns), 10 swiss k31's or 1896/11's. Crates of nagant 91/30's. 15 short barreled shotguns (sawed off if you prefer) As for full auto all we have now is a 1918a2 BAR. And of course we have the ar-15 style rifles. We have over 100 handguns and try to keep a wide range from an inexpensive SCCY 9mm up to FN-P tactical 45s with a suppressor. There are odds and ends also. Captured Jap 99, original Chinese SKS, Entreprise FALs, ACR, and PS-90s, FS-2000 and FNARs. The best way to get a feel for the shop is to come and see us. On Saturdays, weather permiting, we shoot here and often have machine guns available for our customers to shoot.
    As for some who complain about us using "politically incorrect" in our advertising. Liberals do not need an excuse to try and ban any type of firearm. And the thought process of "Advertising they have "Politically Incorrect" weapons is a good reason for me to not stop there" is the same as saying one type of firearm is "better" than another. It's the old divide and conquer. "Oh I don't own machine guns go ahead and ban, them." Then "I don't own semi auto ars or ak's go ahead and ban them". This goes on until we become like Australia or the UK, because of our own gun owners arrogance. OK I can get down off the soap box now.
    Come and check us out and decide. If you don't come because of some preconceived notion, shame on you
    Scott
    Altra Firearms
    814-786-8346

(Mercer County)

Thanks for posting Scott.

It's good to see an owner post to give people an idea about your shop and to tell everyone what you're all about. What are your hours? I may stop in on Monday to check it out and maybe get a mosin.

(Erie County)

yes thank you scott for your candid representaion of your shop...i am also a enthusist looking for fun toys to plink with and needing honest input. i will be makeing a run a day i have a saturday off with my daughter who at 13 shoots better than i do!!! and shares my enthusiasim. also anyone participated in a appleseed event....imputs?
    Last edited by chrisjp; January 14th, 2011 at 01:37 AM.

(Mercer County)

Our hours wed,thur,fri 1-8 sat 10-5

(Crawford County)

Smile Re: has anyone heard of/ visited Altra firearms in Jackson Center PA?

Hey Weapons Enthusiasts!! I last posted about Altra-Firearms in May. I am Glad that there are so many people that are taking a visit and buying from this shop! As I stated in my 1st post, Scott and Paul really do know their Shit about Military style weapons and anything that I could do to help Jump-Start their business, was my pleasure, Indeed!! I was SO VERY PLEASED with my First purchase from them(PSL-54c), that I went down from Meadville with the intention of buying my beloved M-14(Old Corps Grunts will remember this weapon), but found that I didn't have quite enough Cash, so I bought Another PSL 54c from Scott and will put it in Cosmoline for a Truly SHTF Emergency.The corrosive ammo I shot thru the 1st PSl was driving me nuts with the cleaning and rust, but AGAIN and AGAIN Scott was there to help and show me the errors of my way. And AGAIN, I can't Heap ENOUGH PRAISE on these 2 guys and the knowledge they have and the Customer Service they will give you if and when you need it. THANKS GUYS!!! Can't wait until I can see over the Snow and Start shooting behind the Barn again. Semper Fi, MarineGrunt'66

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigben1986 View Post
    I recently saw an ad for Altra Firearms in Jackson Center PA in my local pennysaver (Ross Township). I have never heard of this store and found it odd that they advertised in a pennysaver an hour and 15 minutes away.

They advertise that they have "Politically Incorrect Firearms" and specialize in millitary rifles, assualt funs, sawed-off shotfuns, handguns, suppressors, and all class III weapons.

Sounds like a cool place that I would like to check out. I was hoping someone would have some intel on them so I don't waste time / gas money if they are bogus.
    If your coming from I-79, take Rt. 62 through Jackson Center to the Rt. 62/Rt. 965 split. Turn right on Cranberry Road out past the Jackson Center Sprortsman Club (on the right). About 2 miles up you'll come to Millbrook Road. Turn left on Millbrook for about a mile or so. Turn right on S. Hazzard Road, go about a mile. You'll see a metal gate on the left with their sign on it. Turn there and follow the lane (dirt) all the way back to the compound.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast