Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Interaction with state policeman

Still talking huh? Let me guess, more opinions posted that you've found through Google? I can't know for sure since I have you on my Ignore List (gotta love that feature).

And for the record, on the highway sections that I routinely travel I can get my car into the shoulder and then walk ~60 feet off onto the grass.

I'll take my chances 60 extra feet away from the road rather than stay in my car in the shoulder.

I'll leave with this, you've proved nothing except your arrogant refusal to accept the fact that someone can hold an opinion different than yours.

(Montgomery County)

Oh, I didn't even think about finding out information on police officers hit by cars on the freeway!!! I'm sure it doesn't happen that often, probably as rare as parked cars getting hit. Hum seeing how every traffic stop is two parked cars and one pedestrian... That might be an interesting thing to verify the data. How many officers have been killed while on patrol on a highway by passing vehicles compared to the % of stopped vehicles that have had fatalities while the passengers were inside wearing seat belts!... Hum I'm going say dead officers are more likely though rare all together. There arent too many officer deaths (LoD) each year. That shouldnt be to hard find out.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    Still talking huh? Let me guess, more opinions posted that you've found through Google? I can't know for sure since I have you on my Ignore List (gotta love that feature).

And for the record, on the highway sections that I routinely travel I can get my car into the shoulder and then walk ~60 feet off onto the grass.

I'll take my chances 60 extra feet away from the road rather than stay in my car in the shoulder.

I'll leave with this, you've proved nothing except your arrogant refusal to accept the fact that someone can hold an opinion different than yours.
    See I told you that you would look. Sneaky little devil you

Your still LOOKING

I completely understand that you have a different opinion than myself. You didn't seem to care that I had one that was different than yours from the start.

HOWEVER, I'm not going on my opinion though I'm going on the NHTSA. and just about everything I ever read or saw on TV about staying in your seatbelt and in the car. I'm going to blanket say that the NHTSA are smarter when it comes to this stuff than you and I.

I don't know where this 60 feet of space is near KofP on 76/276/476/422 Pretty much its jersey wall to jersey wall to VERY TALL Sound barrier wall or very vertical Bridge foundations. I'm sure there must be someplace where you can walk 60 feet say at the parking spots or police hangouts. Of course if you're there then you can drive into those 60 feet spots and not bother walking.

Caught you reading...

Ahh get over it.. I never really cared that much. Poor guy getting slammed for nonsense and I jumped in to take the heat off of him. Seems I did a better job at that then I intended.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by pedaler73 View Post
    I've been debating whether to post this or not because of what happened to my girlfriend. I talked it over with her, and she was fine with me posting the story.

Last Tuesday, we went to the King of Prussia Mall after picking up some paperwork she needed in Philly. On our way back to Allentown, I was basically falling asleep at the wheel, so I asked her to switch places with me. I pulled over to the side of the NE Extension of the turnpike, halfway between the Mid-County and Lansdale tolls. Somehow, as we both got out of the car at the same time, one of us must have hit the lock button, and we locked ourselves out of the car. Here's the kicker...her 21-month old was locked locked in the car, asleep! Unfortunately, this was the night that the weather was real crappy...practically freezing rain. We were locked out of the car without coats, freezing wet and getting very upset waiting for help that was taking too long. Here's where the story turns to carrying. The first to arrive was a state trooper. He asked to see my driver's license. When I removed it from my wallet, he also noticed my LTCF.

Trooper: You carrying now?
    Me: Yes, sir.
    Trooper: Where is it?
    Me: On my right hip, under my shirt.
    Trooper: Okay, let me see that license, too.

He didn't check the weapon, didn't try to disarm me. As a matter of fact, he never even mentioned it the rest of the time on the side of the road.

To finish the story, we got in eventually with the help of a tow truck driver...over an hour later! Unfortunately, what happened to my girlfriend really destroyed the night. She had a panic attack because of not being able to get to her daughter, which then caused her to have an asthma attack. She spent the evening in the Lansdale Hospital ER. We make light of it now, but it could have been a hell of a lot worse.
    Glad to hear everything's okay now, I've got asthma so I know how bad attacks can be. Don't worry about second-guessing the incident, hindsight's always better anyway.

Sorry for derailing this thread, I'm ignoring exceltoexcel's posts now though so I won't be derailing it any further.

This is my last comment in this thread: exceltoexcel, get over it I'm not even going to bother reading your last 5 posts and for the record, I enjoy seeing "This user is on your Ignore List" next to your screenname.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    Glad to hear everything's okay now, I've got asthma so I know how bad attacks can be. Don't worry about second-guessing the incident, hindsight's always better anyway.

Sorry for derailing this thread, I'm ignoring exceltoexcel's posts now though so I won't be derailing it any further.

This is my last comment in this thread: exceltoexcel, get over it I'm not even going to bother reading your last 5 posts and for the record, I enjoy seeing "This user is on your Ignore List" next to your screenname.
    LOL still reading huh.. You can't help yourself you just have to peek

My favorite rep of the thread...

Thread Date Posted By Comment
    Interaction with state... March 2nd, 2010 12:44 AM XXXXXXX Definitely safer inside the car. Funny how IronSight couldn't rebute your arguments with solid evidence. What a sore loser!
    Last edited by whoshisface; March 2nd, 2010 at 02:07 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

you guys took that way too far.
    Millions for defense, Not one cent for tribute!

(Delaware County)

This damn thread exploded and it didn't need to.

In my humble opinion, this interaction - despite the circumstances - was excellent in regards to the LTCF and firearm.

Cop see the LTCF or you mention it - "Do you have a gun on your person?" "Yes." "Okay, leave it there." - is an absolutely perfect interaction in my book.

(Northampton County)

Mods, could you lock this thread please? I'm tired of seeing all the arguing of opinion when all I wanted to do was point out that a state trooper did the right thing in regards to me carrying.
    Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II .45 ACP, Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567