Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up New to me Buckmark

Pick this up from Coat4Gun(please check out positive post in the Feedback section).

Took her & my 10 yo daughter to the range. My girls first time with a pistol.
    The buckmark was outstanding. Accuarate, easy to handle, & after I figured out the best way for the slide to run home I had flawless operation.
    My girl did well from a safety point and was able to place the POI either on the target or within a few inches @ about 21 ft.. It was very busy there and the noise, concussion, & controlled busy pace did not phase her in the least.
    I have taken grown men who have never shot before and some have got real squirelly.

I am looking for any improvements to the Buckmarks that any of you may have done.
    TIA

(Chester County)

Default Re: New to me Buckmark

All I have done to mine is some loc-tite blue on the screws holding the rear sight bar on. If it comes loose, you'll get jams.

(Allegheny County)

Looks familiar, I just picked up the exact same model last week used. I've taken it out once and like it as well. Seemed to feed cheap ammo pretty well.

ETA - If you havent cleaned it yet, have fun. Just make sure you are in a small room, because once the spring and guide go flying it will make it easier to find.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pstew View Post
    All I have done to mine is some loc-tite blue on the screws holding the rear sight bar on. If it comes loose, you'll get jams.

I use a light duty LocTite on mine too. The only "improvment" I'm considering is to put a fiber optic front sight on it. I'm having more trouble focusing on the front sight as i get older.
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    I use a light duty LocTite on mine too. The only "improvment" I'm considering is to put a fiber optic front sight on it. I'm having more trouble focusing on the front sight as i get older.
    I understand. At the range it really is not a problem but outside it is. I may go the amber glow paint or the "white out" method until I find out where I will go.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NP1724 View Post
    Looks familiar, I just picked up the exact same model last week used. I've taken it out once and like it as well. Seemed to feed cheap ammo pretty well.

ETA - If you havent cleaned it yet, have fun. Just make sure you are in a small room, because once the spring and guide go flying it will make it easier to find.
    You need one of these; (see video)

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=306229

Website is down for a bit try this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U-PYQ-M4PQ
    Last edited by triplebike; February 28th, 2010 at 11:32 PM.

Looks exactly like my "Buckmark Standard" mind my asking what you paid for it?

It was made in '93 and came w/ three mags original plastic case no papers. It is very clean the mags are in good shape and the barrel/muzzle are /look excellent. Ill PM the price as it came from a member and I do not want to do the wrong thing. Coat4Gun made me a very nice offer.

(Philadelphia County)

I recently grabbed one too. Only took it to the range twice so far but no problems whatsoever. I need to get a few more mags and I was also considering a fiber optic front sight.

I was cruising gunbroker one night and noticed that the auction for this gun was ending in a few minutes and had no bids. I threw in the lowest bid at $199 and a few minutes later it was mine. I haven't really shopped around but I think I got a good price. It's used but arrived in pristine condition with one mag and no box.

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    I recently grabbed one too. Only took it to the range twice so far but no problems whatsoever. I need to get a few more mags and I was also considering a fiber optic front sight.

I was cruising gunbroker one night and noticed that the auction for this gun was ending in a few minutes and had no bids. I threw in the lowest bid at $199 and a few minutes later it was mine. I haven't really shopped around but I think I got a good price. It's used but arrived in pristine condition with one mag and no box.

PS, that is very clean . You are playing in the exact same ball park that I am and that was a good price as I must have missed that auction.
    I picked up just what I wanted, a used quality gun. I wanted a bull barrel and adjustable sights in a 5.5" barrel lenght. Check out brownings web site and they have a page that will tell you when yours was made. I also found RIMFIRE central where there is a browning forum. I am still having trouble finding good info on the brownings. I too , am thinking about a FO front sight. I have been told that if you go that way get the pack where you can change colors because under different conditions the FO can wash out / over power your target. I think that is why the new models come w/ 6 pack lite pipes. One thing that I need to get used to is the smoothest way to rack the slide back. When I grab the slide I keep catching the fixed part of the upper. A nice finger flair, kind of like an AR charging handle would be nice.
    Good luck w/ yours and post any addons you come up with.
    BTW I grew up in Burholme/Foxchase

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast