Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Have to be proud of myself for this one

Ok so I am at the range today shooting a normal sunday of trap. Then an older gentleman starts shooting next to me. He was very belligerent and excuse my language but an ass****. I'm between shoots and he says "yo kid, I got money I can kick your ass in a game out of 50". Now this was after him hitting maybe 5 in a row and thinking he was the man and looking around to see who he could pick on. So we bet 10 bux and started shooting. FINAL SCORE: Me 43/50; Older Gentleman 34/50. With respect to my elders I did not take his money, taking his pride was enough. He was using a semi expensive Winchester over/under and me a simple mossberg 500 pump field. Now I usually shoot better than what I did but I guess under pressure my nerves got to me. Anyways just thought I would share this with everyone. I guess my moral of this is PLEASE HAVE RESPECT FOR OTHER SHOOTERS. It's a shame I had to treat this older gentlemen the way I did. And as a whole, he semi took away from my fun shooting Sunday.

Default Re: Have to be proud of myself for this one

Was he actually being belligerent or maybe just trying to get a rise out of you for a friendly competition, really not caring what the outcome was, just for the enjoyment of sharing the day?

Just a thought...

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Luzerne County)

You should have taken his money. He would have taken yours.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBi11 View Post
    Was he actually being belligerent or maybe just trying to get a rise out of you for a friendly competition, really not caring what the outcome was, just for the enjoyment of sharing the day?

Just a thought...
    well i couldn't tell over him staring at me every time i shot and if i missed one him making some remark about it sarcastically....i consider myself a very respectful person but some people sadly in our society need to be put in their place

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

There is no age limit on stupidity or bad manners. And Winchesters don't care what kind of an idiot shoots them.

I'm sorry that kind of character ruined your "day at the range', but you comported yourself well, it would seem. People should never mistake the restraint of good manners for any kind of inability.

Rep for good behavior.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by c_brutsche View Post
    well i couldn't tell over him staring at me every time i shot and if i missed one him making some remark about it sarcastically....i consider myself a very respectful person but some people sadly in our society need to be put in their place
    Agreed, based on your original post, I just wasn't sure.

Some people come off harder than others, personally, I'm just an asshole to everyone.

people do misinterpret my humor often

Example: a guy was telling me a story about "a friend of his at work, and that gay yada yada yada...."
    So I stopped him and said "wait, let me see if I understand this, your not gay but your boyfriend is?"
    He didn't see the humor in that statement.

I'm sure you understand what my question was, I didn't mean anything against you with my comment.

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBi11 View Post
    Agreed, based on your original post, I just wasn't sure.

Some people come off harder than others, personally, I'm just an asshole to everyone.

people do misinterpret my humor often

Example: a guy was telling me a story about "a friend of his at work, and that gay yada yada yada...."
    So I stopped him and said "wait, let me see if I understand this, your not gay but your boyfriend is?"
    He didn't see the humor in that statement.

I'm sure you understand what my question was, I didn't mean anything against you with my comment.

O i didn't think so...i apologize if my reply back made me seem ignorant, i did not mean it that way at all...sometimes I am the same way...it would be weird to never be called an asshole in your life....sometimes it's a badge of honor lol...there's always an imaginary line that i do not cross though...and the guy today did...thank god im a decent enough shot that i outshot him or that wouldve been bad news for me

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    You should have taken his money. He would have taken yours.
    very true...it wouldve given me two more boxes of 12 gauge!!!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    There is no age limit on stupidity or bad manners. And Winchesters don't care what kind of an idiot shoots them.

I'm sorry that kind of character ruined your "day at the range', but you comported yourself well, it would seem. People should never mistake the restraint of good manners for any kind of inability.

Rep for good behavior.

Flash
    Thank you. I wish everyone knew how to conduct themselves on the range. There is a huge difference between having fun youself and ruining somebody elses