Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Thumbs up Cabela's drawing CCW crowd

Whether or not you like Cabelas, it's nice to see statements public like this.....
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...equestid=84873

(Berks County)

Default Re: Cabela's drawing CCW crowd

Just advertising to sell holsters and such. Their actually anti carry and i believe their firearms policy's are BS. Not allowing you to carry your own gun out of the store after you purchase it, etc.

Also on their grand opening every anti gun politician in the area was there in support. I avoid that establishment like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by busa dave View Post
    Just advertising to sell holsters and such. Their actually anti carry and i believe their firearms policy's are BS. Not allowing you to carry your own gun out of the store after you purchase it, etc.

Also on their grand opening every anti gun politician in the area was there in support. I avoid that establishment like the plague.
    What rock have you been hiding under??????????

(Berks County)

excuse me.......care to explain?

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by busa dave View Post
    Their actually anti carry and i believe their firearms policy's are BS.
    Well thats news to me the last trip to Cabela's in Hamburg I OCed all day and not a word was said. I was under the impression that they follow state law. Where did you get your info?
    Last edited by 03scf250; February 28th, 2010 at 04:11 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by 03scf250 View Post
    Well thats news to me the last trip to Cabelsa's in Hamburg I OCed all day and not a word was said. I was under the impression that they follow state law. Where did you get your info?
    Maybe he's going under the rule they have that any firearm you're bringing in to have worked on or trading in needs to be checked. As I recall their corporate policy regarding carry is to follow state law, even though there are some uninformed employees out there, situations have been resolved via quoting corporate policy.

Cabela’s company policies are intended to be aligned with applicable federal, state and local laws.
    Accordingly, each store location has adopted policies to comply with the laws governing the state, county and
    city in which the store is located.
    With respect to the issue of open-carry and concealed-carry of firearms by customers – it is Cabela’s general
    policy to allow customers to carry a pistol or revolver within Cabela’s stores if the customer is permitted to do
    so in accordance with applicable law; provided such firearm remains safely holstered while the customer is on
    Cabela’s property, and the activities of the customer do not raise safety concerns or otherwise interfere with
    Cabela’s business activities.
    If a customer brings a firearm on Cabela’s property for purposes of repair, appraisal, evaluation, sale or any
    other purpose that will require the customer or someone else to handle the firearm or remove the firearm from
    a holster, the firearm must be checked in with store personnel, safely unloaded and fitted with a trigger lock.
    Cabela’s supports responsible gun ownership and is committed to providing a safe family shopping
    environment. Accordingly, Cabela’s reserves the right to implement firearm safety procedures within its stores
    as Cabela’s deems appropriate.
    Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Joe Arterburn
    This is a response from corporate found in another thread
    Last edited by CHEMICAL; February 28th, 2010 at 04:14 PM.

(Berks County)

Well i haven't been in the store for a few years. i choose to support my local gun shops and purchase from them. However when i did go into cabela's they had a sign on the door stating all firearms must be checked at the door with the clerk, no exceptions. also a good friend of mine was asked to leave for oc'ing. I was not there on that occasion. like i stated it was a few years ago, but it left me scowled about the place.

(Carbon County)

Chemical you may be right. From my experiences they are not opposed to OC or CC. I can understand the checking in of guns to be traded or worked on, they dont want you handling weapons in the store that are not cleared. Thats fine with me as there are to many people that dont understand the basics of handling a firearm.

(Carbon County)

Here is another thread that address this issue will help out alot.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/shops-20/5628...ut-page-4.html

(Berks County)

I have never had a problem at a Cabela's as far as not being able to carry your newly purchased firearm out of the store, oh well, less I have to carry That is a store safety policy. Walmart in Pottstown had a prime example of why some stores have that same policy about 12 years ago? When a man purchased ammo, then a shotgun, walked into the break room and killed an employee. Would it have stopped it from happening, probably not, made it less likely? Yes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast