Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default RCBS Supreme Master Reloading Kit

The RCBS Supreme Master Reloading Kit is on sale at cabela's for $299.99 and they have a free shipping promotion. I believe the free shipping code is 2XSHIP.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...790&hasJS=true

(Franklin County)

Default Re: RCBS Supreme Master Reloading Kit

Thats a pretty good deal. I have seen this set in some local shops go for close to $400 (gouging, I know).

Only addidtion i see is an electronic scale.

They offer the free shipping deal alot. If your a Club member (credit card) you get $20 off offers all the time. You just have to see which deal is better, free shipping or $20 off of $100 or $150 order. You can also select Ship to Store function and pick it up in Hamburg or WV, save the shipping costs, and use the $20 off coupon.

More than one way to save a buck or two.

Quote Originally Posted by PAfarmboy View Post
    Thats a pretty good deal. I have seen this set in some local shops go for close to $400 (gouging, I know).

Only addidtion i see is an electronic scale.

They offer the free shipping deal alot. If your a Club member (credit card) you get $20 off offers all the time. You just have to see which deal is better, free shipping or $20 off of $100 or $150 order. You can also select Ship to Store function and pick it up in Hamburg or WV, save the shipping costs, and use the $20 off coupon.

More than one way to save a buck or two.
    I'm not sure I know what you mean by "only addition I see is the electronic scale". It's the only addition that is made, but it's quite a big deal. The charge dispensor will drop the charge and trickle it until it's perfect, weighing it in the entire time. You can actually adjust flow rate on the dispensor, so that it'll start trickling at different charge weights. This is good because it's not always the same for each powder, and you can increase the speed that you get your charge, and the accuracy. Otherwise, you're still weighing them on your own if you want to verify for sure that it's .1 grains within the charge. The scale makes a big difference, cuts down on your work and makes it more accurate.

(Franklin County)

I meant, the only thing I feel you would need to add to that is an electronic scale. I cant use the balance beam type, I get way too frustrated.

I think you are referring to the chargmaster system from RCBS. Yes, It is like $300, but I have seen my buddies work and it is a great piece of equipment.

You can buy hundreds of things for reloading, but to be honest, that kit you posted and a set of dies and a shell holder will pretty much turn have you turning out ammo.

Cabela's and RCBS did team up and offer the Rock Chucker Supreme Deluxe, and that has pretty much all you would need minus dues and shell holders.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...233&hasJS=true

Quote Originally Posted by PAfarmboy View Post
    I meant, the only thing I feel you would need to add to that is an electronic scale. I cant use the balance beam type, I get way too frustrated.

I think you are referring to the chargmaster system from RCBS. Yes, It is like $300, but I have seen my buddies work and it is a great piece of equipment.

You can buy hundreds of things for reloading, but to be honest, that kit you posted and a set of dies and a shell holder will pretty much turn have you turning out ammo.

Cabela's and RCBS did team up and offer the Rock Chucker Supreme Deluxe, and that has pretty much all you would need minus dues and shell holders.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...233&hasJS=true
    Yep, my apologies, spoke too soon after reading the thread. Yep I was referring to the chargemaster. I started out with the supreme master reloading kit when I got into reloading. I don't know what brainfart I was having. You can buy the chargemaster dispenser without the scale, and some people already have the scale, so they just add it in. My apoligies, you are correct, great kit by the way, rock solid.

(Schuylkill County)

i just got that kit from cabela's for christmas from my wife and I have been bangin out 30-06 and .308 like hotcakes... no complaints... i even sold the hand primer setup on ebay for 50 bucks cuz I didn't plan on using it and wasn't a fan of how it works but thats personal preference...

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird777 View Post
    .... even sold the hand primer setup on ebay for 50 bucks cuz I didn't plan on using it and wasn't a fan of how it works but thats personal preference...

Interesting. Why? I love the thing. I personally don't like the slowness of popping a primer in the mechanism for every pull of the ram.
    I usually do all my cases of one die first, then clean/ream primer pocket of all next, then pop a primer in all of them. Seems a much smoother and faster method to me - but as you said, it is personal preference!

Quote Originally Posted by DethWshBkr View Post
    Interesting. Why? I love the thing. I personally don't like the slowness of popping a primer in the mechanism for every pull of the ram.
    I usually do all my cases of one die first, then clean/ream primer pocket of all next, then pop a primer in all of them. Seems a much smoother and faster method to me - but as you said, it is personal preference!
    I'm with you buddy, I hand prime as well. I think it's faster and easier, as long as you have a decent hand primer, people that try to go with the cheapies sometimes have a lot of trouble with them.

(Schuylkill County)

I don't load more than a box or two at a shot so priming with the little attached arm is not a big deal... if i was handloading .223 for an AR or something that i planned to blow 500 rounds out of in an outing then the hand primer would be the ticket...

i only handload for my 30-06, and 308, both of which are bolt guns so I mostly only neck size. I run all the brass through the neck sizer and decapper step, then I tumble to remove the lube and shine them up a bit. Then the next time i sit down I prime them all and put them in my plastic ammo boxes just until I find a new load to try, etc... that way when i am ready to go, its just a matter of measuring out the charges and seating the tips