Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Berks County)

Default Re: George Madore 1911...

I second what Pete said. Madore's 1911's are valuable because he knew what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete D. View Post
    JCW: "I think I might have to put a bar sto Bull barrel on it at some point."
    Why, oh, why would you think that? Madore's .45's would/will shoot 10 shots into a Bullseye X-ring at 50 yards. (1.6"). My gun will still do close to that after better than 50K rounds. George made good guns.
    Pete
    I suspect that the current barrel and bushing are not original, I am waiting to see if I can track down a build sheet from whomever might have the deceased Mr. Madore's notes.... If, in fact, that barrel and bushing are stock, it means that the gun was hardly fired in the last 16 years. If the barrel and bushing were added after the fact, I will send it out for a better barrel and bushing... And if I do that it will be done by a well regarded gunsmith or metalsmith (like Mr. Single).

I can see that the original stocks were removed and replaced with the wooden ones that you see in the photo.

-john

(Montgomery County)

I also have a Madore 1911 that he built for me about 20 years ago. He died around 10 years ago, and resided in Delaware Co.

(Delaware County)

George did a trigger job on a S&W Model 15 that even had the tech from S&W surprised at how nice it was.

He did a 1911 for me just a few months before he passed. That was somewhere around 03/04.

He was a very nice man. I remember calling him one time and his wife told me he'd call me back because he was "playing with his trains."

FWIW, I have seen used Madore 1911's in a similar configuration selling for $950.00

Ted

(Chester County)

I paid $850 for my Colt/Caspian 1911 built by Madore. Great pistol. Two tone with jade grips. Kart barrel and Bomar sights as well. Nice find!!
    Those who fear the coming of all Hells
    are those who should be feared themselves.

Hi Guys.

Thanks for the additional info!

This is an amazing little gun. I run at least a couple magazines trough it every weekend and it will probably take the rest of my life to realize the accuracy potential of this fine pistol.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ratrodfink View Post
    I paid $850 for my Colt/Caspian 1911 built by Madore. Great pistol. Two tone with jade grips. Kart barrel and Bomar sights as well. Nice find!!
    My Madore is also a Colt/Caspian/Kart/Bomar. The Caspian frame on mine was a overrun of frames that they were making for another Co. can't remember that Co. anymore, but it's made of 17-4 ph stainless and the serial # is less then 100. 17-4 ph stainless is widely used in the aircraft landing gear.

(Delaware County)

Been thinking about George. I recall talking to him a number of years ago when he told me he invented those allen wrenches with the ball ends. He was working as a machinist maintaining equipment and he milled some allen wrenches so they could fit into tight spaces. The company he worked for ended up either producing them or selling the idea. As I recall, he did not get any money for it.

Ted

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123