Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default My Tri State Gun Show/Gandermountain Goodies

Today was a good day. I purchased a Streamlight TLR-3 from The Flashlight Guy who is located in Allentown. He was at the Tri State gun show at the York Fairgrounds today. His prices were reasonable and he was very knowledgeable and courteous. He held the last TLR-3 for me so I could run out to the ATM machine to withdraw some cash. If you are located in Allentown and are in the need of a good white light I would highly recommend him. Pictured below is the Streamlight TLR-3 on my M&P fullsize. The light offers up to 90 lumens of LED light on a fully charged battery. The light was already put into use when I dropped the little retaining clip that came with the light on my hardwood floor. It seems to be a very bright light and will be on my gun 24/7 once I find a new holster that fits it.

Second we have on the list is a Mossberg 500 JIC Cruiser shot gun with pistol grip and bead site which I purchased from Gander Mountain. The JIC (just in case) package is pretty well put together. The gun comes in a sturdy plastic tube which is waterproof and can take up to 17 psi of pressure. It is opened by a heavy duty wingnut on top which screws onto an air tight pressure sealing gasket. The tube has a shoulder strap for easy carrying. Inside the tube is obviously the shotgun, instructions and Mossberg sticker. Something else that is neat that comes with the JIC package is a water proof survival kit which is housed inside a sardine looking can. Surprisingly the can holds a pretty decent amount of helpful survival supplies. I opted not to open mine up as it does not seem to be resealable once it's opened but here is a list of the goodies in the Mossberg survival kit.

Compass, 2 cubes of fire starter, 9.8 ft of multi use cord, survival/first aid information, 3 ft multi use wire, 4 water proof matches, 101 ft of fishing line/sewing thread, 1 boullion soup packet, 1 tea bag, 1 sugar packet, 1 match book, 2 anti septic swabs, 1 razor blade, 3 twist ties, 12 inches of duct tape, 1 signal mirror, 1 ziplok bag, 2 adhesive bandages, 2 nails, 2 safety pins, 2 fish hooks, 1 signal whistle, 1 piece chewing gum, 1 sewing needle, 1 energy candy, 1 note paper and 1 pencil. Seems like a handy kit to have and I will probably put it in my glove box of my truck. I also bought some ammo for the shot gun Winchester Super X 12 GA-3" 00 buck shot and a Hopps cleaning kit.

While I was at the store I met a man who had the same shot gun and offered to sell me a synthetic butt stock for $20. I later met up with him and purchased the butt stock from him. I have since installed the butt stock and removed the pistol grip. I will leave it this way until I get comfortable with the shotgun (i have watched too many scary videos of people holding pistol grip shotguns improperly and getting a nice black eye and such) and once I get comfortable with the shotgun and understand how it recoils I will probably reinstall the pistol grip as it will be my primary home defense weapon.

So that's how my day went, turned out pretty well. I have a Crimson Trace laser grip coming in the mail any day now for my M&P. All I really need to find now is a holster that works well with a Streamlight TLR-3 attached as none of my current rigs with fit. I also will be buying some more ammo for both the M&P and the Mossberg and hitting the range once the weather clears up so expect a range report in the near future. Thanks for looking everyone.

Waterproof case the Mossberg came in

Mossberg on the kitchen table with the rubber end cap which seals the tube airtight, wingnut, new buttstock, ammo and the survival tin

Mossberg with new buttstock attached and pistol grip removed

Mossberg's survival kit in a can
    Last edited by S&WM&P40; March 1st, 2010 at 10:37 AM.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: My Tango Sucka