Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default cc holster for sw9ve

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum so thanks in advance for input. I just purchased a used SW9ve from a local gun shop and I'm looking for good concealed holster. I like the paddle design, does anyone know of one that fits the SW9VE? Any other suggestions?? Thanks again.

jrm

Default Re: cc holster for sw9ve

Jim,

Welcome to the PAFOA forum! I have a SW40VE. The holster I use is a Fobus Paddle Holster. <~~~ Click that. That is the model I use. (I also have one for my LCP & had one for my XD before I sold that). It's extremely comfortable, very lightweight, very durable, has a lifetime warranty and costs less then $30. Can't beat that in my opinion. Hope that helps. Good luck.

- iMoses

(Lackawanna County)

get the Blackhawk SERPA for the Glock 21; it fits the Sigma perfectly. it's what i used. the Fobus has no retention, and will eventually loosen up, and your gun WILL fall out. i speak from experience. you'd be better off with a cheap Uncle Mike's than a Fobus.

you might also want to try other options, like IWB or OWB pancake or Yaqui holsters. Bianchi makes one, the Minimalist, that fits the Sigma nicely. the Blackhawk doesn't conceal too well, mostly because of the thivkness of the gun's grip.

(Luzerne County)

have a SW40VE, I use bianchi Minimalist (very nice,fits well)http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...delID=105,also have a DeSantis tuck this, IWB(conceals very well) http://www.desantisholster.com/store...&ctg_id=121404 Just got a DeSantis Thumb break scabbard(Very Nice!! My favorite http://www.desantisholster.com/store...se&ctg_id=3688

(Monroe County)

Blackhawk sepra - glock 21
    Bladtech/5.11 - glock 21

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by iMoses14 View Post
    Jim,

Welcome to the PAFOA forum! I have a SW40VE. The holster I use is a Fobus Paddle Holster. <~~~ Click that. That is the model I use. (I also have one for my LCP & had one for my XD before I sold that). It's extremely comfortable, very lightweight, very durable, has a lifetime warranty and costs less then $30. Can't beat that in my opinion. Hope that helps. Good luck.

- iMoses
    +1 for the Fobus. Found mine on eBay for 22 shipped.
    "bukakee ≠ waterboarding" ~tlgpa

Fobus Evolution Paddle Holster. That holster has a retention screw. And, it's still under $30. I stand by Fobus. I wouldn't own any other holster.

- iMoses

(Lackawanna County)

the Fobus has a retention screw, that loosens up over time. eventually, i had to use Gorilla tape to tighten the holster. the Blackhawk SERPA has a retention screw, plus a trigger lock, that doesn't loosen over time. my first paddle holster was a Fobus; it was a waste of money. i've learned that, like anything else, good products are not cheap, and cheap items are not good. the SERPA is only a bit over $30, not mush more expensive than the Fobus, but miles better.

Quote Originally Posted by iMoses14 View Post
    Fobus Evolution Paddle Holster. That holster has a retention screw. And, it's still under $30. I stand by Fobus. I wouldn't own any other holster.

- iMoses
    Thanks for your response. Do you have the "roto" style? Is there a disadvantage to the roto?

Quote Originally Posted by Uvantu View Post
    Thanks for your response. Do you have the "roto" style? Is there a disadvantage to the roto?
    I do not have the "roto" version. I just have the standard Evolution Paddle Holster. I've never used any "roto" style holsters before. My opinion on the Fobus Evolution Paddle Holster is simple: The angle is perfect for a fast draw. It's smooth. Good tension adjustment. VERY comfortable. Very well built. Tough as nails. And, it comes with a 100% lifetime warranty.

I have the Fobus Standard Paddle Holster HK1 for my Smith & Wesson SW40VE (My brother used it for 2 years and carried everyday with his SW9VE). That one doesn't have the tension screw. But, it's still tight around the trigger guard to give it a tight fit and it's very secure.

Hope it helps. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast