Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Are signs going up

Yesterday I was listening to the Pittsburgh Radio Station BOB. And in one of the little Station Add commercials. The announcer stated that he is seeing No weapons aloud signs springing up all over town. Any truth to this. Or just more Anti gun Media BS.

Hokkmike Guest

Default Re: Are signs going up

Quote Originally Posted by hornady View Post
    Yesterday I was listening to the Pittsburgh Radio Station BOB. And in one of the little Station Add commercials. The announcer stated that he is seeing No weapons aloud signs springing up all over town. Any truth to this. Or just more Anti gun Media BS.
    Maybe somebody in that area is starting a "No Weapons Allowed" campaign. I have not seen it in Northeastern PA.

(York County)

Haven't seen anything unusual in the Susquehanna Valley.

interesting item to note here however...check the posted code of conduct rules of any mall you go in... I have yet to find one that did not list this or something to this effect (I bolded the good parts):

welcome
    In order to help ensure a pleasant shopping environment, we ask all visitors to refrain from the following:

1. Using obscene language, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
    2. Violence, threats of violence, fighting, physical abuse or physically or verbally threatening any person, or hostility of any kind.
    3. Annoying others through noisy or boisterous activities, unnecessary staring or following someone through the mall and parking lot.
    4. Sexually explicit language or conduct.
    5. Yelling, screaming, singing, playing musical instruments, radios or other sound generating equipment or otherwise communicating in a manner which creates noises of sufficient volume to impinge on the hearing or peace of other mall patrons.
    6. Standing or stopping on stairs or escalators in such a manner as to impede the flow of pedestrian traffic. Improper use of escalators, elevators or stairs.
    7. Running, wrestling, horseplay, skating, skate boarding, rollerblading and/or riding a scooter; or otherwise being disruptive or creating a disturbance, obstructing or interfering with the free flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic or with patron’s view of doorways,windows, and/or other merchant or mall displays. Bicycles and Segways must be used in accordance with bicycle and vehicle safety rules.
    8. Assembling, demonstrating, parading, picketing, marching, walking abreast in groups and/or loitering for the purpose of disturbing the peace or any unlawful purpose, disrupting the shopping enjoyment of customers, or disrupting the intended business use of the mall.
    9. Any form of solicitation, sales of products or services, or distributing handbills, leaflets, commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind or offering samples of items, which are sold, available for sale or available in exchange for a donation or contribution
    without prior written permission of mall management.
    10. Engaging in any act, activity or behavior which by its nature is illegal and/or in violation of any statute, law, rule or ordinance.
    11. Attendance of children (under age 18) during school hours unaccompanied by a parent, teacher or legal guardian (excluding school holidays and home schooled students). Unaccompanied children ages 16-17 may produce proof of reduced school hours or completion thereof.
    12. Displaying or wearing any item which depicts sexually explicit activity, illegal activity or obscene or offensive language, wearing clothing or lack of clothing that is likely to create a disturbance or embroil others in open conflict or that offends community standards of decency, or that impinges on the sensitivities of others in the mall.
    13. Failing to wear shoes and a shirt.
    14. Gang activity, including wearing of apparel intended to indicate gang membership or to communicate gang behavior. This includes the use of gang symbols or slogans.
    15. Creating litter by discarding paper, glass or other matter of any kind, anywhere except in a trash receptacle.
    16. Defacing, damaging, destroying or removing any real or personal property constituting part of or located in or on the mall property.
    17. Overnight parking; parking in non-designated parking areas, parking in fire lanes or other no parking areas, erratic or careless driving,exceeding the posted speed limit, or use of a vehicle in manner inconsistent with shopping center traffic markings or signage. Parking violators may be subject to towing at the vehicle owner’s expense.
    18. Bringing animals on mall property with the exception of animals in the company of persons trained to assist physically challenged patrons, those animals going to or from pet stores or photography studios or involved in center sponsored events.
    19. Sitting anywhere or on anything other than chairs or benches designed for such purposes located in designated areas of the mall or
    any improper use of mall amenities.
    20. Carrying or displaying weapons of any kind except those carried by certified law enforcement officers in the performance of their duties.
    21. Being intoxicated and/or possessing or being under the influence of illegal drugs.
    22. Possessing any open container of alcohol or consuming alcohol anywhere except in businesses licensed to sell alcoholic beverages.
    23. Selling or providing alcohol or tobacco products to underage persons; purchasing alcohol or tobacco products by underage persons.
    24. No fishing, swimming, or boating without prior written approval of shopping center management.

This list is not all inclusive and may be modified at any time by the management of this mall.
    This mall is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is permitted only in designated areas.
    Violation of this code of conduct may result in expulsion from this property in addition to any other legal remedies that mall management may choose to exercise.
    This shopping center is private property and no rights shall accrue to the public by virtue of the public’s entry into this mall or on mall property.
    This “Behavioral Code of Conduct” is not intended to deprive any person of their applicable civil rights or liberties under the law.
    If you feel your rights are being violated, please notify the mall management office

I also like #24 since the particular mall I copied this from has no water displays. LOL
    Last edited by 87th PVI; February 26th, 2010 at 09:51 AM.
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(Lackawanna County)

Yes, the anti's are requesting (demanding) that stores post No Firearms Allowed Signs. It started in Starbucks but they refused.

The announcer stated that he is seeing No weapons aloud signs springing up all over town.
    Just put a suppressor on it.

Sorry, I had to do it.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by kcr121 View Post
    Just put a suppressor on it.

Sorry, I had to do it.
    I LOL'ed....

well i have to agree, it will make shoppers a lot safer. and probably the entire community.

FJB

(Westmoreland County)

Yes I should not post so early in the morning. Spell checker not awake yet.

(Indiana County)

Spell checker not awake yet.
    "Spell Checker" - A monitoring tool that ensures magical spells are properly cast.

"Spelling Checker" - A monitoring tool that ensures words are properly spelled.

Harry Potter you're not.

(Allegheny County)

Are you sure it wasn't one of those stupid, pre-recorded "Bob" sayings?

Something like, "When Bob heard that loud music hurts your ears, he started seeing "no weapons allowed" signs springing up all over town."

I just made that up, but between songs, this station plays these little "blurb/one-liners" that are mostly lame, and often tie into something local/music related.

Decent station for variety, but LAME, LAME, LAME "Bob" stuff.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast