Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default First time CC'er, is this pistol too big?! (pics)

Well, I decided on a glock 19 for CC (Im in NJ getting my FL CWL)
    I just so happen to have a glock 19 airsoft pistol (perfect replica) to try out before I can get the real deal, since in NJ its one gun a month....

So, I got my holster before I could buy the pistol. Figgured i'de see how the airsoft fits. Good thing I checked, I think im too small to conceal a 19. Im 185lbs 6'1. Pictures say 1000 words so here they are. Think a 26 is in my future?
    Crossbreed supertuck is the holster. Sticks WAY out when i bend over any amount.

Arms up:

bent over:

Ive tried rotating it around, all the way untill its square at center of my back which is no good. hell it even prints there!

So, am I just picking bad clothes, or am I too small for a 19? will a 26 alleviate this?

(Franklin County)

Default Re: First time CC'er, is this pistol too big?! (pics)

I'm assuming you'll be carrying in PA, not NJ? What specifically are your concerns? Will you be in situations where you feel it's a must that you not be discovered, or you just don't prefer that others know?

Even for those of us who OC, people rarely notice the gun, so while you're clearly printing badly in the photo, most people won't notice because they're simply not looking for it.

IMO, a 26 won't solve your issue, since the rear sight area is printing just as badly as the butt is.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Thank you for your opinion. And yes, i'de carry in PA.

I do agree that people wont see. And bending over in such a mannor is unusual, plus, can be avoided. So I guess its just testing the extreme.

I'de rather keep it hidden. but while standing casually it is 100% hidden so it does do that.

(Bucks County)

I am 6'0" 185 and I carry a Sig p226 just behind my hip in the 3:30 position. It will print if I make awkward movements, but I have found a lot of the issue is how I carry myself. Once I stopped worrying about printing, I relaxed and my movements were more fluid, which in turn eliminated a lot of the issues I was worried about.

(Bucks County)

im 6'1" 265 and carry a sig 220 carry and i wear baggy cloth's, I print and dont care but i carry every where but work so i dont worrie to much about printing. Nice cross bread by the way.

6'1", 185 lbs? Same exact size as me. You can CC a Glock 19 just fine - it's the perfect CC pistol in my opinion. While it is printing when you bend over, I wouldn't worry about it. Like gnbrotz said, people aren't looking for it. Who cares if they see it anyway?

I have the same holster - the 3 o'clock position works great for me. Or dress like a gangbanger and wear T-shirts big enough to reach your knees.

3 o'clock: thats right center over the hip bone? In the pic i have it pushed just behind my hip bone for comfort. If i center it over my hip its really tight, uncomfortable, and everything prints.

so I guess im around 3:30-4

What they said....plus

Try adjusting the belt clips in the holes. I like the front clip in the second from the top or top hole. Then move the back clip to the bottom hole. This will cant the grip more vertical.

My wife only noticed it once when I bent over. Otherwise, she can't tell if it is there or not by just looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennp View Post
    3 o'clock: thats right center over the hip bone? In the pic i have it pushed just behind my hip bone for comfort. If i center it over my hip its really tight, uncomfortable, and everything prints.

so I guess im around 3:30-4
    You're at about 4:00. You'll learn that if you want to effectively conceal, you'll probably need to adapt your style of dress, such as getting pants an inch or two larger in the waist.

I wouldnt really worry about a slight print like that.. with all the bullshit folks have on them nowadays Phones/Pagers/Ipods ETC: I doubt anyone would really notice.

I CC a Full size HK 45 Tact . in a shoulder holster with just a light jacket on and you'd never know. Goin back to the light weight wheel guns when it gets warmer.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast