Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    (Greene County)

Default Re: My concealed carry permit applictaion was denied???

I too was denied for a carry permit...I was charged with a crime 50 years and the charges were dropped....I also was an alligator control agent for the state of florida where I carried a firearms every day...One traffic ticket in the 90s....I got no response from the state police on why.....I don't think they need to go by innocent till proved guilty....

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by 115bulldog View Post
    I too was denied for a carry permit...I was charged with a crime 50 years and the charges were dropped....I also was an alligator control agent for the state of florida where I carried a firearms every day...One traffic ticket in the 90s....I got no response from the state police on why.....I don't think they need to go by innocent till proved guilty....
    Welcome to the forum. IDB you need to file an appeal.

... and I thought one just needed raw chicken to control them 'gators. Lived in Florida, once upon a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Are you sure the charges were dropped? Often people say that because they don't understand the court system. What matters is convictions, no matter how small they may seem. Also the sheriff has to give a reason for denial. What was it? You could have been denied based on character and reputation. All LTCF denials can be appealed through the court of common pleas, but must be done so within 30days of denial. It's a very worth while approach if you feel you have been incorrectly denied. Have you purchased any firearms through a Pa FFL in the recent past?

(Jefferson County)

The State Police cannot reveal the reason to the Sheriff on why the PICS call resulted in a denial. ...doing such would violate federal law.

So, the Sheriff should let you know that HIS denial is due to the PSP PICS denial. Then he should have given you a challenge form for the PICS check.

You need to fill out the PICS check challenge form and submit a copy of whatever you have in regards to that even that you suspect is the reason for denial.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Franklin County)

After sitting reading for over 2-3 hours, I had to laugh (and no it was not about what anybody said). In 1998/99 I lived in Maine I was arrested and was charged with Assault, Domestic abuse, Terroristic threats and 4 accounts of violation of bail. When all was said and done, The DA agreed to drop all charges if I agreed to plead guilty to one count of violation of bail. About 3 years after moving to PA, I attempted to purchase a hand gun, of course PICS denied me. I went and filed the appeal, I also contacted the
    Maine sheriffs office, whom worked with me on this issue with no trouble. What they (Maine's sheriffs office) informed me was that one of the charges that was suppose to dropped, still showed on my recorded. The sheriffs office offered to contact PSP to tell them what they found out, plus they faxed me a copy of my corrected record along with the actual court transcripts. All and all it took me three days to compile all the data I needed. After I sent it as an addendum to PICs appeals address, I received my letter to show that I could purchase a hand gun. The next day I went to my local sheriffs office to apply for my LTCF, 10 days later I received my letter in the mail that my LTCF was approved and ready to pickup.

Just another's view of how the system worked.

Its only as hard as you make
    Last edited by Digenes; December 28th, 2017 at 12:01 AM.

(Erie County)

You replied to an 8 year old post?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Yeah, but his offense was 50 years ago.

(Greene County)

thank you....I think I see the problem....The pa state said I can have a gun and I thought I had to go though them for a carry permit..If I now have to go though my county sheriff there wont be a problem..I am well known,I even have my name on a brass plaque for my volunteer work in our town ...I am still mad at the state police....they could have told me that months ago...they have never responded from me any question I asked ...I used to think that the Pa state police were the best, but they are no different than the red neck cops here in the south..thanks again

(Allegheny County)

Looks like you did too!

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Looks like you did too!
    They did that because they are above average, the average poster usually responds to only a six year old post!
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast