Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: My concealed carry permit applictaion was denied???

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    6109(d)(5) mandates that the Sheriff conduct the PICS check - if an applicant fails, the Sheriff (just like a potential purchaser who is denied or place in research) does not know the specific reason under 6109(e) for the actual PICS denial, but failure of the PICS check is grounds for denial.
    Okay, gotcha. Makes sense.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willis View Post
    When no record is found at all, the internet EPatch result is often instant. More importantly, last I inquired, the EPatch internet background check will not give you your ENTIRE criminal history. For the most part, it will show only (1) adult "convictions" AND (2) all charges in matters where no disposition has been reported for up to 3 years (after 3 years with no disposition reported, I believe the PSP will redact those cases from the online background check results).

Therefore, when the online results come to you in the mail, they may not have any reference to the juvenile matter (even if PSP has those records). This is because juvenile adjudications are not "convictions". When you requested your records via EPatch online, what was your reason for the request? Employment?

Bottom line: I think you need an "individual access and review" criminal history to see exactly what PSP has in their database. This can be obtained via the form I mentioned above, and it must be submitted by mail. The results will be your entire/official PA Criminal history (with the exception of many summary charges initiated by citation). The results will show all charges that have been reported to PSP , regardless of outcome, etc.

If you were charged with Paraphernalia as a juvenile, it may very well appear on your "access and review" background check. I see it happen on a regular basis. It will say something to the effect of "juvenile for the following....". Keep inj mind: Even if it doesn't appear on the PSP "access and review" RAP Sheet, that doesn't mean the juvenile court does not have the records. That is why you want to look into expungement.

Regarding expunction: If this happened when you were under 18, and it was handled in the juvenile court, you will be 'eligible' for expungement (regardless of the outcome or seriousness of the case). Out of curiousity, though, what was the outcome? Probation? Nolle prosse? Diversion? Dismissal?
    I was not put on probation or anything from what I remember that was the same day as my underage and they only gave me consequences for my under age

thanks for the help guys
    Smith and Wesson .40 cal VE with laser attachment and soon to come flaslight

Quote Originally Posted by 40calkid View Post
    I was not put on probation or anything from what I remember that was the same day as my underage and they only gave me consequences for my under age

thanks for the help guys
    Was everything handled at the Magisterial District Court? IF so, they likely did not charge you with anything other than summary offenses. And, summary offenses (with one strange exception that does not apply to you), are not 6109 or 6105 prohibitors. *In some counties, MDJs can accept M3 guilty pleas in adult cases.

Paraphernalia - 35 Pa. C.S. 780-113(a)(32) - is a an ungraded misdemeanor. If you were charged with that, it would have been handled by the juvenile division of the Court of Common Pleas.

If you were adjudicated delinquent of an actual paraphernalia charge, then see the late addition to my last post. An adjudication of delinquency to an actual paraphernalia charge could be the basis of LTCF denial. See 6109(e)(1)(iv).
    Last edited by Willis; February 17th, 2013 at 11:17 PM. Reason: *

(York County)

I am going to wait to see what the PSP send me for my background check I did and my appeal.I couldn't find anything that would deny me. I also past the PICS to buy so I don't know why I would fail PICS to carry concealed. I doubt my background check with the PSP is going to tell me anything that the other sites didn't. I guess I have to wait and see.
    Smith and Wesson .40 cal VE with laser attachment and soon to come flaslight

(Franklin County)

I also past the PICS to buy so I don't know why I would fail PICS to carry concealed.
    Because the legal standards for a LTCF are more strict than they are for a purchase.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

I am going to wait to see what the PSP send me for my background check I did and my appeal.I couldn't find anything that would deny me. I also past the PICS to buy so I don't know why I would fail PICS to carry concealed. I doubt my background check with the PSP is going to tell me anything that the other sites didn't. I guess I have to wait and see.
    r we still aiting?

(Lycoming County)

Waiting for outcome, how is it going?

(Wayne County)

Another reason for denial could also be that the application wasn't filled out correctly, (no offense intended) ... A person I know filled out his application using his mailing address which was a P.O. box...He was denied for that reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
    Another reason for denial could also be that the application wasn't filled out correctly, (no offense intended) ... A person I know filled out his application using his mailing address which was a P.O. box...He was denied for that reason...
    He was officially denied (with a denial letter) or just asked to submit it again with a street address?

(Wayne County)

Yes, with an official letter stating that without an actual street adress he would be denied..

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast