Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: The Diner

Default The Diner

Posted here for the same reason Mercop posts his tactical questions.
    Besides, these sort of articles tend to get lost in the NEWS section, without anyone thinking about things like "am I really comfortable sitting at the counter, with my back to the door"?

Police say NH man planned to shoot diners
    Feb 23, 8:31 PM EST

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) -- Authorities say a New Hampshire man who left a restaurant without paying his $18 bill had a loaded gun and told them he planned to kill as many patrons as he could, then himself.

Police say they stopped the man after getting a call from the Barley House restaurant Monday. An officer found a 9mm handgun with a round in the chamber and 14 more rounds loaded in the weapon in the man's pocket.

The man told the officer he had planned to shoot as many people as possible in the restaurant before killing himself in the street. He said that the layout wasn't right in the Barley House so he was headed to another restaurant.

He has been charged with receiving stolen property and being a felon in possession of a weapon. He is being held on $500,000 bail.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: The Diner

Thank God someone made the call to police and they were able to find and stop him before hurting anyone.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: The Diner

Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    Posted here for the same reason Mercop posts his tactical questions.
    Besides, these sort of articles tend to get lost in the NEWS section, without anyone thinking about things like "am I really comfortable sitting at the counter, with my back to the door"?
    Nope, never. My wife's starting to get used to it. Now I have to work on things like leaving myself enough room at red lights, etc., to get outta there in a hurry in needed.

Repeat after me: "There is no Condition White, there is no Condition White, . . "
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. -- Jeff Cooper