Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Schuylkill County)

Default News Front New Mexico

Way to go New Mexico !!!!

I'm currently in Albuquerque, New Mexico. While driving back to the hotel this evening, I had a chance to listen to local talk radio. Apparently the state legislature has just past a new law ( by a large margin ) to allow conceal carry in bar and restaurants. It has to be signed into law by the governor . We all know who the liberal Governor of New Mexico is don't we. I wonder if this will happen.

But anyways the real reason I submitted this. I listened to a few anti restaurant owner who called in. By and far there biggest concern was the law would pass and they would have to put up signs to say gun were not allowed on their property. They fear they would lose business. DUH !!!!!!!!!

Then several gun owners called in and verified there concerns. All in all a great commute.
    Last edited by run silent run deep; February 24th, 2010 at 12:20 AM.
    Republicans believe every day is July 4th Democrats believe every day is April 15

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: News Front New Mexico

I can't believe there are states still out there that block restaurant carry.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by run silent run deep View Post
    I listened to a few anti restaurant owner who called in. By and far there biggest concern was the law would pass and they would have to put up signs to say gun were not allowed on their property. They fear they would lose business. DUH !!!!!!!!!
    Good, let them loose business, maybe then they will remove the signs and clear their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by run silent run deep View Post
    Way to go New Mexico !!!!

I'm currently in Albuquerque, New Mexico. While driving back to the hotel this evening, I had a chance to listen to local talk radio. Apparently the state legislature has just past a new law ( by a large margin ) to allow conceal carry in bar and restaurants. It has to be signed into law by the governor . We all know who the liberal Governor of New Mexico is don't we. I wonder if this will happen.

But anyways the real reason I submitted this. I listened to a few anti restaurant owner who called in. By and far there biggest concern was the law would pass and they would have to put up signs to say gun were not allowed on their property. They fear they would lose business. DUH !!!!!!!!!

Then several gun owners called in and verified there concerns. All in all a great commute.
    Bill Richardson? I thought I remember reading that he was good on gun issues and had a CCW........
    If the legislature in NM is overwhelmingly for this, they can override Richardson if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    I can't believe there are states still out there that block restaurant carry.
    Even more curious that so many of them are in the "gun-friendly" South and Southwest . . . and Ohio.

(Schuylkill County)

Update, Bill Richardson's approval ratings are at 27 percent. Local dumacrates are even throwing him under the bus. Lowest approval rating of any Governor in the country.

Something about the people are sick and tired of the "Pay to play" style of government.
    Republicans believe every day is July 4th Democrats believe every day is April 15