Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Which AK should I buy

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    Guys I'm considering buying an AK74. I'm not sure which to get though as there are so many and I don't want a CIA. I have recently sold a WASR 10/63 and would like to upgrade to a better version of the 74 and would like to be in the $600 range for a complete rifle. I would like some websites that I can buy from and also some LGS that may have some in stock. I would like to know if anyone knows about these http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct911.aspx
    You should really post this question as a new topic and use this thread to help craft a good question.

With that said ... I would be skeptical of any US made 5.45 barrel. There just seems to be too many problems with them overall. Yes, there are some good ones out there, but I wouldn't risk it. That's just me though.

For a '74 I would try to find something like a WASR-2. They are actually pretty good for their price.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Allegheny County)

Exclamation Re: Which AK should I buy

If it was hammered together by the CAI monkeys, check and see if the sight tower is straight & true. That's the FIRST & easiest sign to check, of whether it was assembled on a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon (think 1970's American cars!)!

(Allegheny County)

FYI on AK triggers and stuff from AZ Response site..

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.co...enotesak.shtml

Can't recall if this was in a prior page; the para-cord cheekrest for the U/F stock. Works on the sidefolders too.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~m70AK3/cheek.htm
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

This is what I have: Hungarian AMD-65/ AK

(Philadelphia County)

Hello, I am new to this forum as a member, but have read many times for good firearms advice. My first official question for the forum deals with the purchase of my first AK47 as well. I am not looking to buy one to collect, just to plink with, and self defense. I will also be customizing it with all the usual so called "tactacool" stuff, just because I think it looks super neato. I was thinking along the line of the lower end models for this(wasr 10/63, I.O. types) , or should I still try to get a slightly better model? I'm hoping not to spend more than 500-600 if that's possible. Thank you in advance for any advice given, and have a great day!

(Allegheny County)

Spend a couple hundred more and buy an Arsenal

(Chester County)

I'm looking for a ak as well. All the arsenals I've seen are in the 800-1000 range which I'm not paying for an ak.

I'm looking for a nix classic looking ak with the dull wood stock and nice looking wood furniture. Budget is 600-800. Any suggestions? I saw a IO sporter that had nice wood but has mixed reviews, I'm torn on this one.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
    I'm looking for a ak as well. All the arsenals I've seen are in the 800-1000 range which I'm not paying for an ak.

I'm looking for a nix classic looking ak with the dull wood stock and nice looking wood furniture. Budget is 600-800. Any suggestions? I saw a IO sporter that had nice wood but has mixed reviews, I'm torn on this one.
    As stated before:

You should really post this question as a new topic and use this thread to help craft a good question.
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rototiller View Post
    Jumping in without reading the whole thread, okay only the initial post.

Last week I was out looking for a Garand and came across two kit AK47's, I had not researched AK47's and knew nothing about kit ones, but since that might have been my last chance to buy one and paying way too much money I got an ITM Arms receiver unit, dated 1978, two 30 round mags and a 75 round Romanian drum mag that looks new. Now I have been looking at YouTube video's and and saw stuff about the 922(r) requirements, don't know if mine must comply. I do have Tapco US trigger set up and of course the receiver is US, that's 4. I ordered a US flash suppressor and SAW type hand grip. The ProMag magazine isn't marked where it is made.

Anyway my questions are:
    1) I don't see where the sear engages the hammer, only the hook seems to control the hammer.
    2) I see a bunch of talk about the slide staying open for clear checks, mine stays open if you slowly releases it, is there something wrong or is there a mod I can't find info on.
    3) Removing the safety lever, looking at the right side if I rotate the lever ccw the shaft hits the sear; if I rotate it cw the arm will not flex enough to clear the rivet head on the left near the lever shaft.
    This thread isn't for asking these questions. Please start a new thread or have a mod remove your post from this and create a new thread with it.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    This thread isn't for asking these questions. Please start a new thread or have a mod remove your post from this and create a new thread with it.
    Go Arsenal, I love my SLRL 107 F. Way better than the WASR's I've fired.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast