Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default I applied for my LTCF.

I've read the other threads, and I want to say that my experience was pretty smooth. They seemed pretty accustomed to people not having their paperwork in order- my interviewer was astonished that I had everything stacked neatly in a folder with a sticky note labeled 'LTCF'.

She asked me about tattoos, too (I guess that's part of the general survey, now). Also several times she mentioned 'concealed' explicitly: "do you understand that this license to carry firearms concealed does not endow you with the right to use your firearm in a professional capacity, for that you must seek the ACT 235", etc. I didn't want to correct her about the exactitudes of how I'm permitted to carry my firearm with an LTCF... I didn't want to risk her making any nasty notations on my application.

I was told 8-10 weeks. I'm hoping for the shorter end of that range. Does anyone know the average turnaround, currently?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: I applied for my LTCF.

Quote Originally Posted by runningfast View Post
    I was told 8-10 weeks. I'm hoping for the shorter end of that range. Does anyone know the average turnaround, currently?
    hmmm...so that is 56 to 70 days.

when the law only allows them 45 days.

i wonder what it's like to live in a country with actual rule of law?

i'll probably never know.

(sorry, though, can't help you on the current average turnaround time...other than to say it is apparently longer than they are legally allowed to take to turn it around.)
    F*S=k

(York County)

As to turn around time on your LTCF, for the purposes of comparison, the York County Sheriff's Dept does NO 'interview', and your application is processed while you wait, in and out in less than 20 minutes, and THEY take the photo for you.

It literally tales longer to find a parking space.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Bucks County)

took about 45 mins in bucks county at the doylestown sheriffs office.

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah, the wait is pretty absurd. Unfortunately I probably won't have it by the date of the SE PA meet and greet (March 20th)... ah well.

(Berks County)

What do tattoos have to do with anything?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    What do tattoos have to do with anything?
    It seems it's part of the standard 'pre interview' questions they ask before pulling out the official investigation questionnaire- in Philadelphia county, at least.

Sucks, but it's now the standard.

(York County)

It seems it's part of the standard 'pre interview' questions they ask before pulling out the official investigation questionnaire- in Philadelphia county, at least.

Sucks, but it's now the standard.

Philadelphia is anything but standard. There IS a standard in Pennsylvania. It is the Uniform Firearms Act. Philadelphia ignores it and does what it wants.

I hope all goes well for you, but you have been mistreated, in violation of state law.

It is NOT standard.
    It is NOT normal.
    It is NOT right.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Philadelphia is anything but standard. There IS a standard in Pennsylvania. It is the Uniform Firearms Act. Philadelphia ignores it and does what it wants.

I hope all goes well for you, but you have been mistreated, in violation of state law.

It is NOT standard.
    It is NOT normal.
    It is NOT right.
    I recognize that- I'm just letting everyone know it's "one of the questions" now on Philadelphia. People in the city have been asked about tattoos before and were unsure if that was a question that Philadelphia normally asks... I can now tell you all that it does. The woman asked the tattoo question in the middle of a series of quickly spoken and well practiced questions- as if from rote memory. So whether or not it's legally defensible or procedurally correct, it is now the status quo in Philadelphia.

I plan on drafting a letter when I get home from work. Right now I'm not sharing all of my thoughts because I'm typing slowly from my phone.

(York County)

I recognize that- I'm just letting everyone know it's "one of the questions" now on Philadelphia. People in the city have been asked about tattoos before and were unsure if that was a question that Philadelphia normally asks... I can now tell you all that it does. The woman asked the tattoo question in the middle of a series of quickly spoken and well practiced questions- as if from rote memory. So whether or not it's legally defensible or procedurally correct, it is now the status quo in Philadelphia.

I plan on drafting a letter when I get home from work. Right now I'm not sharing all of my thoughts because I'm typing slowly from my phone.

Go for it. It would likely take a lawsuit to get 'philthy' to change their ways, and even then...

And it would very likely be one hell of an expensive process, and they know it.

I guess I just wanted to clarify that although this may be standard for Philadelphia, it is not standard for PA. Apparently you are already aware of that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast