Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Tony Molinaro Gunsmith in Dormont

Quote Originally Posted by French Collector View Post
    The light is on M-Sat 10 am to 4 pm everyday. There is no coin shop across the strret from his place of business. When this all comes to court the misimformation in these posts will be the deciding factor on the outcome. Tony is very busy. And would you not be miserable if you were confinded to a wheel chair for the rest of your life?
    I understand your wanting to protect Mr. Molinaro (and I've used him myself in the past with good results so I tend to be on your side) but there's no need to jump on everyone who posts here about this. There is indeed a place called Cyber Coins basically across the street, for example. Not everyone here is posting lies just to trash the guy. There is no conspiracy.
    Last edited by thebearpack; February 2nd, 2011 at 08:48 PM.

(Allegheny County)

The term defamation of character is often used to describe accusations of slander, libel or both. Slander involves verbal derogatory statements, while libel involves written ones. In a court of law, the plaintiff pursuing the lawsuit would charge defamation of character to cover any form of false or damaging allegations.

Defamation of character is notoriously difficult to prove in court, although the actual effects can be quite evident and damaging. If a disgruntled customer of a restaurant tells numerous people that the head chef has AIDS, for example, sales for that restaurant could fall and the employee might lose his job or find it difficult to work. Because the customer's slanderous statement concerns a specific person and an unproven accusation, the chef may have a legitimate case of defamation of character.

(Allegheny County)

"comes to court" huh.
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Allegheny County)

Tony is Alive and well. He also is one of the best gun smith's I have had the pleasure to deal with. Over the years I have had bluing jobs and custom guns built. Not only is he good but he is very honest. If he said it would take two weeks he means he has alot of work ahead of him. His store front is intact and his hours are on the door. I hope that not all gun owners are as psychologically unstable as anyone that would talk about a real man with such language and misinformation. There is enough bad in the world. How about all of you fellows being part of the solution instead of part of the problem You could start with may be a church service or two or just reaching out and trying to make someones life better. These posts could be the reason his buisiness has been slacking off.....would you like to tell his family why they are having such a bad time????? Can any of you look in the mirror and like what you see?? Have you never been wrong or ever make a mistake. You people scare the hell out of me.....

I highly recommend Tony Molinaro to do any of your work! But please do not ask him how long it will take over the phone. Remember the lady who calls the mechanic and says "My car is making this funny noise, how long will it take to fix? and how much wil it cost to fix it?"
    The light is on M-Sat 10 am to 4 pm everyday. There is no coin shop across the strret from his place of business. When this all comes to court the misimformation in these posts will be the deciding factor on the outcome. Tony is very busy. And would you not be miserable if you were confinded to a wheel chair for the rest of your life?
    The term defamation of character is often used to describe accusations of slander, libel or both. Slander involves verbal derogatory statements, while libel involves written ones. In a court of law, the plaintiff pursuing the lawsuit would charge defamation of character to cover any form of false or damaging allegations.

Defamation of character is notoriously difficult to prove in court, although the actual effects can be quite evident and damaging. If a disgruntled customer of a restaurant tells numerous people that the head chef has AIDS, for example, sales for that restaurant could fall and the employee might lose his job or find it difficult to work. Because the customer's slanderous statement concerns a specific person and an unproven accusation, the chef may have a legitimate case of defamation of character.
    First off, i have known and dealt with the people posting in this thread for some years now.

All of them have been good on their word and i will take what they say as truth.

next, you jump in here to defend your friend or yourself (depending on which it is) trying to set the facts straight but you go off track and attack the posters who have commented negatively against your friend/you. with nothing to support your claims.

after reading the above, i won't be taking any of my guns or reccomending anyone take them to Tony Molinaro.

just my $.02
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

Tony is very skilled and is capable of excellent work. when he chooses to do what you ask and not what he thinks you should have asked for.

his problems are attitude based and not related in any way to his skills, particularly with wood and stocks! if he was easier to deal with half of my firearms would be in his shop as we speak! having a skilled gunsmith within walking distance of my house should be a great blessing!!
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Allegheny County)

I'd be willing to bet that the number of people that have had bad experiences with him would be more than willing to step up and confirm what every other person except for you and a very few others have said. It's a shame that he is confined to a wheelchair, but that does not give him the right to treat customers like shit. If for some reason it does, then that also gives us the right to recount our stories of the time spent either on the phone or in his shop. Further more it gives us the right to not spend our money there.

I live within a quarter mile of his shop and would much rather drive to Washington or Presto twice to have any work done on my firearms than to listen to some old fart treat me like a moron.

"My car is making a funny noise" to a mechanic is quite different than asking how long it will take to drill and tap a few holes to a gunsmith.

So the bottom line is that Tony can take the gun owning population of W. Pa. to court or he could better spend his time working on his people skills.

I'll be holding my breath.
    Last edited by eddyb74; February 3rd, 2011 at 01:57 AM.

(Monroe County)

Can anyone say WHEELCHAIR, i bet being confined in that darn wheelchair is driving him nuts.

I am in agreement with all of the above posters, but i think someone should really sit down with Tony and have a heart to heart, i bet he is miserable, how about picking up some lunch for him one one of these days and drop it it off , even if you are not having a gun worked on, lack of human interaction is a "killer"

(Berks County)

Everyone has opinions, some of them are strong, that doesn't necessarily make them libel.

Some people are just not nice people, that doesn't mean they're not skilled, and that also doesn't mean people have to do business with him.

I'm not sure why a post about this guy was resurrected after so much time, however I think it's safe to say at this point that this thread has served its purpose. At this point, you're all arguing with each other simply for the sake of arguing.

Thread closed.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12