Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Tony Molinaro Gunsmith in Dormont

This guy is a fucking asshole. I called to ask if he could tap my Benelli to mount a rail on it and the whole time he's got this tone like he thinks he's doing me a favor by answering my question or even picking up the phone and then he says it would take two weeks! Are you fucking kidding me? Two weeks to drill and tap a reciever . . . I've dealt with this guy once before years ago when one of my barrels got messed up and needed reblued. He was an asshole then and he's an ass now but back then I didn't know any better. This guy is a miserable bastard and obviously doesn't give a shit about what he's doing so how could anyone trust this man to work on their firearms?! I love my guns and I need to trust that my gunsmith cares about what he's doing.

Default Re: Tony Molinaro Gunsmith in Dormont

Quote Originally Posted by KDE870 View Post
    This guy is a fucking asshole. I called to ask if he could tap my Benelli to mount a rail on it and the whole time he's got this tone like he thinks he's doing me a favor by answering my question or even picking up the phone and then he says it would take two weeks! Are you fucking kidding me? Two weeks to drill and tap a reciever . . . I've dealt with this guy once before years ago when one of my barrels got messed up and needed reblued. He was an asshole then and he's an ass now but back then I didn't know any better. This guy is a miserable bastard and obviously doesn't give a shit about what he's doing so how could anyone trust this man to work on their firearms?! I love my guns and I need to trust that my gunsmith cares about what he's doing.
    didn't this guy die a couple years ago? or did he just get really sick and stop doing work? i drive through dormont every day and his shop has been looking abandoned for ages. i know because i was looking for a smith when i moved here, and learned he had died shortly after i got here.

i know i'm responding late, but OP this is a weird post???

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGunGuy View Post
    didn't this guy die a couple years ago? or did he just get really sick and stop doing work? i drive through dormont every day and his shop has been looking abandoned for ages. i know because i was looking for a smith when i moved here, and learned he had died shortly after i got here.

i know i'm responding late, but OP this is a weird post???
    He was sick for awhile and the shop was closed during that time. I believe his health is not well and he is in a wheel chair. I don't think he keeps regular hours any more.
    The Lord Bless You

(Allegheny County)

He's been in a wheel chair for many years! since his late teens iirc. i no longer do business with him even though i live a couple hundred yards from his shop for similar reasons to the OP's.
    MORDENTE MEUM

good to know. health issues or not, if someone doesn't want to treat their customers well, they shouldn't plan on having any.

i didn't realize he was still around, though this explains why the sign is still up and the storefront hasn't been replaced. i've never seen anyone in there when i drive by.

(Allegheny County)

And I will never go to him again.

I took him my 03-A3 because the head space was bad and it was ripping the rims off the cases. He asked me if I shot factory rounds or if I reloaded. I responded that I reloaded and he went into a five minute speech about how there was a 99.9% chance that I didn't know what I was doing and that was why the rims were coming off. He then took the rifle and put a head space gauge in it. I guess that's why he didn't say 100% chance, It was as I had said.

I did not give up on him after that experience, I gave him another chance. I took him a custom Colt 1911 long slide that had a sight rail on it. The screws holding it on the slide had been stripped and would rattle off the gun when shot. The screws are all on an angle when he was done with it. Yes they are tight and do not come loose when it is shot, but with a pistol of that "caliber" I expected a little more attention to detail. Unfortunately I was young when I had this work done and did not check it before I left the shop.

Shitty attitude followed by crappy work will not make me a repeat customer.

his storefront has definitely been taken down. looks like nobody will deal with him again.

(Allegheny County)

Tony is Alive and well. He also is one of the best gun smith's I have had the pleasure to deal with. Over the years I have had bluing jobs and custom guns built. Not only is he good but he is very honest. If he said it would take two weeks he means he has alot of work ahead of him. His store front is intact and his hours are on the door. I hope that not all gun owners are as psychologically unstable as anyone that would talk about a real man with such language and misinformation. There is enough bad in the world. How about all of you fellows being part of the solution instead of part of the problem You could start with may be a church service or two or just reaching out and trying to make someones life better. These posts could be the reason his buisiness has been slacking off.....would you like to tell his family why they are having such a bad time????? Can any of you look in the mirror and like what you see?? Have you never been wrong or ever make a mistake. You people scare the hell out of me.....

I highly recommend Tony Molinaro to do any of your work! But please do not ask him how long it will take over the phone. Remember the lady who calls the mechanic and says "My car is making this funny noise, how long will it take to fix? and how much wil it cost to fix it?"
    Last edited by French Collector; February 1st, 2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: miss spelled words

(Allegheny County)

Red face Re: Tony Molinaro Gunsmith in Dormont

I've been dealing weekly with Cybercoins, across the street, for 4+ years now. I've NEVER seen a light on, or anyone come in or go out of that shop, the whole time I've been there.

(Allegheny County)

The light is on M-Sat 10 am to 4 pm everyday. There is no coin shop across the strret from his place of business. When this all comes to court the misimformation in these posts will be the deciding factor on the outcome. Tony is very busy. And would you not be miserable if you were confinded to a wheel chair for the rest of your life?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast