I'm a fan of the .45 ACP cartridge. Always have been. I can comfortably shoot it all day, take the brass home, reload all night, and repeat. But what has really surprised me is that it's hard to find anybody who shoots an original M1911. Has new surpassed old? I mean my father owns a Colt M1911 manufactured in either 1939 or 1942 and shipped to the USN (can't remember exact serial # off the top of my head but for some odd reason I can still dissamble and reassemble it with my eyes closed?) that works perfectly fine. Only thing he has ever done to it is put in a 13oz spring and buy two new stainless steel magazines to add to the original blued magazine. In the 60+ years it's been around I'm the only one who ever had a, and I do mean "a" as in ONE problem, when I was 16. Pull the trigger twice with one mag in and fired 4 rounds with 1 trigger pull then fired the remaining rounds with 1 trigger pull. Scared the shit out of my father and best friend, they thought I had managed to rip off an entire mag in competition speed time.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if ain't broke why buy a new one? Anybody else out there got one that says "Property of US Government"?