Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Somerset County)

Default Eastern National Gun, Knife & Military Collectibles

Eastern National Gun, Knife & Military Collectibles
    - Mid Atlantic Arms Collectors
    - 1200 Tables
    - March 20 & 21 (9am-5pm Saturday, 9am-4pm Sunday)
    - Harrisburg Farm Show Complex
    - Unknown entrance fee

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Eastern National Gun, Knife & Military Collectibles

Well, the last time it was FIRST $8.00 to park, and NEXT $8.00 per capita at the door.

You just know that it ainn't gonna be any less this go-round.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Somerset County)

This is billed as good show, but what is the real verdict on this one? Is it worth a 2+ hour drive? I would be interested in looking at/handling some ARs and AKs.

And sorry, but I could not find the cost of entrance anywhere.

(Franklin County)

If they actually fill the "1200 tables" with gun/related stuff, it is good. I get tired of gunshows which fill the empty tables with beany babies, beef jerky and antique jerks.

As for whether it is worthwhile going to, keep a look at their website and see if they post number of tables filled.

Flash

What type o thing do they have? I mean is it mostly guns , ammo, accessories? Or is it just a bunch of junk? I'd be driving 2 hours. Any good places to stay out there?

(Franklin County)

This show (Mid Atlantic, at the Farm Show Bldg) was not too bad in years past, but who knows what it is now?? I'd not offer even much of a guess.

Parking $8.00
    Admission $8.00@

A website advertisement of "1200 tables available".
    A website for the promoters that only offers a link to a form to fill out if you want tables.
    A phone number with a recording that says, in a very halting and unprofessional manner, "This phone will not be answered until after March 15th. No mail will be picked up until after March 15th. Don't leave a message. No bull calls will be accepted. If you really must, positively get in touch with me for some non-bull reason, call 570-280-xxxx ". Altogether, it makes me wonder.

They probably will have some AR/AK types and merchandise, nearly every show does, now.

I think I will let my decision to attend wait until after the 15th, when I can contact him and ask how many tables he has filled with gun stuff. I just hate to dump half a day and sixteen or more bucks on idle curiosity. Oh well, when in Harrisburg, I can always go over to Jimmies and get a couple of Radioactive Chili Dogs, which is always cool. The "food court" at the show is not worth your time. Eat a hearty breakfast BEFORE going, plan on a good lunch AFTER, but confine your appetite WHILE THERE is my best advice.

The York Fairgrounds show (this weekend) is always a good show, lots and lots of guns and gun-related stuff, and hardly any other "junk". I didn't go to that one because Mrs. Flash had eye surgery Thursday. Just staying in.

The Carlisle Expo Center is a dead-bust. I went last year, and there was almost no gun or gun-related stuff at all - but seventeen types of jerky. Walking on only one leg, you could still see it all in fifteen minutes - less if you didn't stop to buy anything. Prices were not all that good, either. And the promoters must have scrounged the marketplace pretty well to find such a unique collection of ididsyncratic (translation: "assinine") vendors . Even Greencastle Mason/Dixon Auto Auction Gun Show is better than that one, and saying that still doesn't speak too well for either one. Which is kind of funny, since Appalachain Promotions runs all three, York, Carlisle, and Greencastle.

As for places to stay in Harrisburg?? Well, there are motels and hotels aplenty - enough to satisfy nearly any pocketbook and desire. Food, too - your choice is wide and deep.

Flash

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by xxwhytmykxx View Post
    What type o thing do they have? I mean is it mostly guns , ammo, accessories? Or is it just a bunch of junk? I'd be driving 2 hours. Any good places to stay out there?
    This will be my first time attending the show, but the vendor application states:

"Tables must contain 95% guns or hunting related items. NO FLEA MARKET MERCHANDISE" http://www.maacpsse.com/images/hgmar10.jpg

Ok I might call as well or check back to see if anybody else found out about how many tables sold. I like the 95% rule. I know a guy that used to go out that way & he says it's good but I don't want to drive unless I get some of your feedback. I'm hitting valley forge the weekend before & wanna know how much to save for this show