Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default what sup with sig? wants to charge me $$ for srings

I got my sigpro2022 a year and 3 months ago, shot about 10k rds and last nite the decocking spring, (small 1/2 long) spring broke. I called sig up they want me to send the pistol in for a full spring update, and charge me 100.00 including shipping. I asked them to send me the springs and i'll do it myself, 55.00.
    they told me the springs needs to be replace after 3k rds. seems low to me, and they don't sell a spring kit for the 2022 so i got to order it spring by spring. kinda upset bout it but i still ordered the parts.

I asked and the gun is safe to shoot.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: what sup with sig? wants to charge me $$ for srings

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post
    I got my sigpro2022 a year and 3 months ago, shot about 10k rds and last nite the decocking spring, (small 1/2 long) spring broke. I called sig up they want me to send the pistol in for a full spring update, and charge me 100.00 including shipping. I asked them to send me the springs and i'll do it myself, 55.00.
    they told me the springs needs to be replace after 3k rds. seems low to me, and they don't sell a spring kit for the 2022 so i got to order it spring by spring. kinda upset bout it but i still ordered the parts.

hmm....I guess their lifetime warranty only covers frame and slide and not "wear parts"..?

(Montgomery County)

Springs fall under "normal wear and tear" and will not be covered by most manufacturers. Drop by Classic Pistol, I am sure they can do it faster, cheaper and easier then sending it to the factory.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Also their lower cost guns and its well known that manufacturers don't like supporting their cheaper products because it doesn't support their high end gun markets.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Allegheny County)

In 9mm the springs should be replaced every 5K, in .40/.357 3k or sooner pending ammo you're running. Don't forget the SIG Pro is technically discontinued for the U.S. market, and SIG being the way they are these days, likely stopped stocking parts for them. Spare parts are in abundance in Europe though, and are available through a couple sources, however shipping can be a problem. Their warranty is a limited lifetime warranty, and nope, springs aren't covered. Also, for SIG Pro parts, check out Topgunsupply.com as they normally have a ton of SIG parts in stock and may be able to put a parts kit together for the Pro.

thanks,
    i ordered all of the springs and some snapper sleeves, I should of ordered a couple of spare. Sigpro parts are hard to come by, when was up there 2months ago i asked for a parts kit and but the instructor/gunsmith said they don't have it and the only thing i need to change was the recoil spring, which he gave me 2 off for free.

i like the sig pro, not over priced, shoots really well and its actuate.

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post

Now that is being NickPicky, I've never heard of a firearm maker charge for springs? Does their warranty state lifetime or limited warranty?
    Last edited by Ronnies111; June 22nd, 2010 at 09:25 PM.
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnies111 View Post
    Now that is being NickPicky, I've never heard of a firearm maker charge for springs? Does their warranty state lifetime or limited warranty?
    limited lifetime.

OASN: The light that came with my P229 went bad, capacitor started ringing, and they sent me a new one free of charge before I even sent the old one back. Also sent me a postage paid label to return the old one.Can't complain.

sales dept could use a refresher in consumer relations, but customer service treated me right.