Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
If this is true how come i find this list on the mass.gov site listed as "Approved Firearms Roster 03-2013" and on said roster is listed is GEN 4 Glocks 17,19,26,34,31,22,23,27,35,21 which Gen 4 Glocks didnt come out till after 10/21/1998. Also on the list is RTF2 19,22 and RTF 23,17 I dont think those came out till after 10/21/1998. Check out the link.

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/...ter03-2013.pdf
I don't live in Mass, but I did post the word FFL.
AFAIK, a dealer cannot sell a non compliant Glock to a consumer in Mass.

Here is the section of their law regarding childproofing:
16.05: Sale of Handguns Without Childproofing

(1) It shall be an unfair or deceptive practice to sell a handgun without a safety device in violation of M.G.L. c. 140, § 131K.

(2) It shall be an unfair or deceptive practice for a handgun-purveyor to transfer or offer to transfer to any customer located within the Commonwealth any handgun which does not contain a mechanism which effectively precludes an average five year old child from operating the handgun when it is ready to fire; such mechanisms shall include, but are not limited to: raising trigger resistance to at least a ten pound pull, altering the firing mechanism so that an average five year old child's hands are too small to operate the handgun, or requiring a series of multiple motions in order to fire the handgun.

(3) It shall be an unfair or deceptive practice for a handgun-purveyor to transfer or offer to transfer to any customer located within the Commonwealth any handgun which does not contain a load indicator or magazine safety disconnect.

(4) 940 CMR 16.05(2) shall not apply to handguns which have a hammer deactivation device. 940 CMR 16.05(3) applies only to handguns that have a mechanism to load cartridges via a magazine.
Read further here:
http://www.mass.gov/ago/government-r...-cmr-1600.html

Also:
More About the Standards of the Attorney General

The second standard a gun must pass is one put forth by the Attorney General as a supposed consumer protection measure. See GOAL’s Regulatory Fraud report for more information on the history of these regulations.

The Attorney General has gone on record (see Enforcement notice #3, issued February 2002) as stating that guns that are on the Approved Weapons Roster comply with portions of the regulations.

However, in addition, the Attorney General requires that:

Guns sold by dealers must have mechanisms that preclude an average five year old from operating the handgun, such as requiring multiple motions or a ten pound trigger pull;

Guns must have either a load indicator or magazine safety disconnect.

Generally speaking, manufacturers provide notice to the Attorney General that they believe their guns meet his standards. If the AG does not object, the manufacturer will release the firearms for sale in Massachusetts.

Exemptions: Even if a manufacturer has not certified that their guns are available to the Attorney General, they could be sold under certain limited conditions. That is, the Attorney General’s regulations will not prohibit the sale of:

guns manufactured prior to October 21, 1998;

guns sold to law enforcement or military;

guns solely designed and sold specifically for target shooting competition;

museums or educational collectors; and

antique firearms.

These regulations have caused a fair amount of confusion. First, because the Attorney General has refused to compile a list of firearms which meet the standards. Secondly, because that office’s standard response to questions is “you’ll have to ask your lawyer.”

Between the two standards, the number of guns available to Massachusetts’s citizens has been greatly diminished.
From here:
http://www.goal.org/handgunsales.html

So, from what I can tell, just because a gun is on the approved list does not mean it is approved.
Glocks do not have a mag disconnect and I doubt there is a 5 year old that cannot make one fire, so this is why they are not fro sale.

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but looking here:
http://www.fsguns.com/glocks.html
It seems only LEOS can get new Glocks.
It does say that the page was last updated in Oct 2012, so maybe something has changed, but unless Glock added a magazine disconnect I can't see how?