Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lycoming County)

Default Ruger SR9c ready for carry now!

After a good cleaning and taking out the firing pin/striker after the last range trip and cleaning the gunk out of that I took the Ruger SR9c back to the range day for a getting it ready for CC range test. Previously id put a box of 115 grain Blazer aluminum through it with absolutley no failures. Then I had some troubles with some WWB 115 grain stuff...Took gun home cleaned it up good. Took it back out today for a test so far 100 rounds through it B4 this and decent.

Well im convinced it was just the WWB that screwed up the gun or the gun does not like.. Shot another full box of WWb 115 grain today 49 perfect/1 did the same thing as last time, the primer was hit(dent in primer) and when I tried to refire it it did shoot.. the other 49 went off perfect 49/1.

second box up for trial was another box of Blazer Aluminum 115 grain fired enter box no failures of any kind..checked primers all the ones i picked up exhibited solid hits. 50/50

third box up was a box or 115 grain Remington UMC this box also ran 100% 50/50.

4th box up was American Eagle 147 grain flat points(all the others to this point were round noses FMJ). This grain and ammo seemed to be a softer shooter than the others. This box also fed and worked 100% 50/50

last was a box of my proposed carry ammo full box of Speer Gold Dot 124 grain HP's all fed 1005 no malfunctions...you know your shooting something relatively hot with this SD round compared to the practice ammo. it was easily picked out as the sharpest recoil but very manageable still.

accuracy was great out to 12 yards where it starts to open up some(from 1 ragged hole) and at 15 all still center mass but not all in same hole like closer 3-12 yards. Thats about 270 rounds including a box of my carrry ammo..she worked great today. im declaring it fit for carry after a good cleaning...now I just gotta go buy more Gold Dot....frakin $19 a box

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Ruger SR9c ready for carry now!

I'm liking the looks of this gun and handled one at Tanners this past weekend. I have a question though.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that I literally could not operate the slide release one-handed.

Did you have this problem, and if so, does it get better with use?
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

(Northumberland County)

good report keep us posted for any other things. My old lady wants an SR9C cuz she said the SR9 is too big for her to carry

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    I'm liking the looks of this gun and handled one at Tanners this past weekend. I have a question though.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that I literally could not operate the slide release one-handed.

Did you have this problem, and if so, does it get better with use?
    common prob with the sr9's that come from factory... they mag release is very tight on some....more like most... i figured after about 1k rounds it would loosen up... not so...

so i sent it to ruger and they did some work to it for free... sent it back within the 14 day period and now it pops very easily... not so easy that it acidently drops the mag but easy enough for a thumb or a forefinger to do it...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrepp61 View Post
    common prob with the sr9's that come from factory... they mag release is very tight on some....more like most... i figured after about 1k rounds it would loosen up... not so...

so i sent it to ruger and they did some work to it for free... sent it back within the 14 day period and now it pops very easily... not so easy that it acidently drops the mag but easy enough for a thumb or a forefinger to do it...
    Are you talking about the mag release, or the slide release?

I didn't have a problem with the mag release at the store, but I needed 2 hands to release the slide, and even that was very hard. It was pretty much necessary to jack the slide back while pushing UP on the release in order to get it to go into battery.

I don't have terribly strong or tough fingers, but still, that's pretty bad when every other gun I've handled has been pretty smooth.
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian